Bought a tracker to fix and sell but check engine is on for egr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a tracker to fix and sell but check engine is on for egr

Anyone know instructions on how to clean one if these properly? I want to get it inspected before I sell it

thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

I could be wrong, but i believe EGR valves need to be replaced when they go bad...i dont think you can clean them. They are responsible for recirculating your gas and thus giving you better emissions (i think).

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

You may be rite buy I have read about them bring cleaned because they were clogged with carbon but I wanted to be 100%

By the way thanks for the vr6 offer I would be down for it and wish my wife liked them but I am still curious about it what is the year, mielage, condition ect. And can you post some pics for me? Im kinda interested
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I have personally cleaned the egr on a 99 tracker. The tube that goes to the exhaust manifold was clogged with carbon. I cleaned it with a piece of wire and compressed air. The check engine light never came back after that ( sold the tracker 2 years later).
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
          You may be rite buy I have read about them bring cleaned because they were clogged with carbon but I wanted to be 100%

By the way thanks for the vr6 offer I would be down for it and wish my wife liked them but I am still curious about it what is the year, mielage, condition ect. And can you post some pics for me? Im kinda interested

I live less than 1 hour away from you

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

I know. I actually drive past reading yesterday to go install signs in the airport in allentown and thought to myself man I wish I had pyros num so I could just stop in and meet another festiva guy

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              I have personally cleaned the egr on a 99 tracker. The tube that goes to the exhaust manifold was clogged with carbon. I cleaned it with a piece of wire and compressed air. The check engine light never came back after that ( sold the tracker 2 years later).
              I like the sound of that. Also after the car warms up it will idle rough and sometimes stall could that be due to the egr?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                I like the sound of that. Also after the car warms up it will idle rough and sometimes stall could that be due to the egr?
                Could be the problem, could also be caused by a dirty throttle body/idle valve.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

bobby, bring that poor POS to me and i'll diag/fix it for you, mmk?
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^ yea baby! I'll set it up with you for next week

Comment

Working...
                    X