comparing carbed to fuel injected model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comparing carbed to fuel injected model

i wonder how the carbed models run compared to the fuel injected ones. when did they switch to FI was that in 90? gas mileage estimates seem about the same.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

89 was the switch. 89 manuals got the carb.. 89 autos got efi..

hp isn't the same.. as a matter of fact allot of little things were different on the carb models.. even the headlight relays..

Comment

did the carbed model run as well and trouble free. that's interesting there was a hp difference.

Comment

FI is far superior to carbs.
        97 Ford Aspire 2dr 5 sp
        92 Isuzu Impulse 1.8 5 sp 140HP, handling by Lotus, balls by Isuzu.
        95 Mitsubishi Expo 2.4
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...64/xsext2a.jpg

Comment

I had nothing but typical festiva super dependability out of all of my festivas. Most of mine were carbed models. The only thing I had go wrong was the mpg was way down on one of my carbed cars. I heard from 2 seperate people driving carbed 5 speed LX's that they got 49 mpg. I prefer efi but there is little difference in dependabilty between the 2.

Sorry to drag up an old post. I was researching the combination switch swap thread and saw this.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

mpg is way down compared to efi. I have one of each and they are about 8 -10 mpg apart
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^ carbed 4 speed or 5?
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I am so stupid...I am thinking of the auto tranny versus the manual...sheeesh...both of my cars are efi....duhhhhhhhh!
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Comment

EFI is my preference because the engine bay's less cluttered and engine swaps are simple.

Regards,

Tim
                    White '89L auto - Sold!
                    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Good point

Comment

i heard the carbd get better gas millage as well i have owned 2 carbd 5 speed and one auto efi both carbd ones did 40+ the auto efi was a gas pig though compared to the 5 speeds

Comment

My efi 5 speed gets between 40 and 45 mpg's normally.
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          I will sleep when I die!

Comment

I got 42 on the highway with my 93 efi 5 speed.

Comment

i forgot i even had written this thread. but glad you brought it back carbon, thanks. as ill be getting the 88' 5speed lx (17k miles), hopefully on 4/21, i was just thinking about this very subject again.

seems most pple here get better mileage than the epa estimate of 35/42 for a efi 5 speed model. i know i did better than that in my 93.

Comment

Working...
                              X