Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Prices on the rise again? What else is new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Prices on the rise again? What else is new?

So I just read that the price of oil went up yesterday from $102 to $103 a barrel. Does anyone else think that we are getting scammed by the government? Hear me out here, when Obama first took office, gas prices were under $2 a gallon for the first time in years, and since then, its jumped about twice that to an average of 3.46 a gallon (here in Cleveland), and diesel is at 3.89. Its getting more humorous by the day. There is no way that this is legit. Last year it was basically $4 a gallon, and what has changed from then till now?? Nothing! We are getting scammed. What I don't understand is why America hasn't switched over to diesel like most countries over seas. A lot of people don't realize that it takes less energy (which translates to money) to refine oil into diesel. It takes much more refining to produce gasoline! Gasoline is almost considered a by-product of diesel, but yet we are getting charged 20-30 cents more for diesel! The fact is that diesel is no more pollutant than gasoline, it just burns at a higher temperature, and produces a different exhaust (ie black smoke). When will we learn?

Even these hybrids are a joke. Don't get me wrong, I commend all the people that drive them to produce less emissions, BUT, whats going to happen when it comes time to recycle those worn out batteries? Dealerships charge an arm and a leg to replace warn out batteries...most are around 3k. They are great cars but have a major flaw. Just look at the recent articles about Chevys new Jolt or Volt...whatever it is. They've had numerous accounts of the cars burning up!

I know we have all read these kind of articles before, but the simple fact is that our government is scamming us, and something needs to be done. Thank god I have my Festiva...Lil Red gets great mileage, and only costs about 20-30 to fill up, unlike my Super Duty F250 which costs over 110 to fill....ayyy!
    1992 Festiva L....waiting on a motor swap, and rocker repair.....either repainting with Candy apple red or Midnight Blue

I think I saw your car today on Howe? I'm off of Boston

Comment

Originally posted by spiko View Post
      I think I saw your car today on Howe? I'm off of Boston
      Lol I wish, its sitting in my garage waiting for a motor swap with another B3.....im going to pick it up in the next couple days from Detroit.....theres a few running around that area....i saw one the other day in Berea....looks like she had been through hell and back
      1992 Festiva L....waiting on a motor swap, and rocker repair.....either repainting with Candy apple red or Midnight Blue

Comment

Originally posted by AJboy775 View Post
        Lol I wish, its sitting in my garage waiting for a motor swap with another B3.....im going to pick it up in the next couple days from Detroit.....theres a few running around that area....i saw one the other day in Berea....looks like she had been through hell and back
        Ahh gotcha, I saw a red one on Howe just South of South Park Mall.

Mine is red as well...for now

Comment

I drive my Festiva (Green) in Ontario Canada. It gets great mileage, better than the Smart For Two for instance and only burns regualar gas. Like you, even though our gas prices in Ontario are more dollars per gallon (we have to fill in Litres) I still only put in $20 to $30 per fill and it takes me a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by spiko View Post
            Ahh gotcha, I saw a red one on Howe just South of South Park Mall.

Mine is red as well...for now

When the weather gets nicer, and Lil Red gets running again we should all have a meet and greet up at that restaraunt in front of Big Lots where they have that one show every sunday

Comment

Originally posted by AJboy775 View Post
              When the weather gets nicer, and Lil Red gets running again we should all have a meet and greet up at that restaraunt in front of Big Lots where they have that one show every sunday
              Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
              X