Just got me a Festiva!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got me a Festiva!!

Last night while on break at Lowe's I was looking through the auto dealers' ads and I caught sight of a Ford Fiesta :roll: for sale at a dealership a few doors down from the grocery store I work at in the mornings.

So I went to look at it during lunch today and it was love at first sight. It's a bright yellow '91L with 197k on it. The dealer was asking $1090 for the car, too much in my opinion, but I offered him $700 cash for it and became the proud owner of Festiva #4.

It needs a new muffler desperately - there's a big hole in it - and the poor car sounds like a ricer. There's also a big oil leak from the valve cover gasket, but otherwise the car seems to be mechanically sound. I don't really care because that engine's coming out anyway.

I think I overpaid a bit but the car has zero rust and a straight body. Furthermore Festivas are almost never for sale here and are going fast due to rising gas prices.

This is my first EFI Festy, so expect a busload of questions soon....
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Awesome Tim ,I am happy that you finally found one !!
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Congrats Tim, your back in the game!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Well at least you got the right color.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Life didn't seem complete without a Festiva in it. The car seems really fast compared to the slow Brat I've been driving. I never thought I'd think a stock Festiva could have power until today... :lol:

Of course, the battery mysteriously died a few hours after I drove away from the dealer... :roll:

$75 fixed that. I sure hope it was the battery and not the alternator.

And the engine makes a sort of clicking sound, which confuses me because I thought EFI Festivas had hydraulic lifters. :?:

I expect to start modding this thing tomorrow - Mike (Fastiva55) and I are going to drop a B6 in for starters and go on to greater things from there... :twisted:
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Probably the injectors. All of mine click.. but I run techron through them every 3k so I take it as the injectors are extremely clean.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by Tim
              Life didn't seem complete without a Festiva in it. The car seems really fast compared to the slow Brat I've been driving. I never thought I'd think a stock Festiva could have power until today... :lol:

Of course, the battery mysteriously died a few hours after I drove away from the dealer... :roll:

$75 fixed that. I sure hope it was the battery and not the alternator.

And the engine makes a sort of clicking sound, which confuses me because I thought EFI Festivas had hydraulic lifters. :?:

I expect to start modding this thing tomorrow - Mike (Fastiva55) and I are going to drop a B6 in for starters and go on to greater things from there... :twisted:

You should have at least 1 case of Seafoam laying around ,so run some thru it :lol:
              As for the B6 swap , I knew that was coming
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Congrats Tim!

Yellow! You lucky dog.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Re: Just got me a Festiva!!

Originally posted by Tim
                  but I offered him $700 cash for it and became the proud owner of Festiva #4.

I think I overpaid a bit but the car has zero rust and a straight body. Furthermore Festivas are almost never for sale here and are going fast due to rising gas prices.

This is my first EFI Festy, so expect a busload of questions soon....
                  I bought one for $800 a month ago for all the same reasons. Little rust and straight body, plus nice interior (Clean GL ) and rarity. You probably wont have many guestions to ask about EFI, mine have all functioned great, guess your replacing motor anyway. Glad someone else is saving one!
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

In an ironic twist, I picked up Festiva #5 this afternoon!

It's a burgundy '88 LX with every option - A/C, 5 speed, cargo light, etc. It is going to be a parts car, though, because the body's dented from an accident and the engine is shot. I consider all the LX stuff and the parts well worth the $150 I spent on this car.
                    White '89L auto - Sold!
                    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

TIM!! you forgot to add something.......I told you where the Festy was dont I get any credit :lol:

Congrats Tim! You are set now!

Mike
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2162509
                      First known g25mr with Hydraulic clutch swap

Comment

Tim, do you still have your euro parts?
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

you finally stepped up to a real man's festiva!!!!!!!!!!

so now you'll get back to being post wench queen????????????

i am sure you'll be picking your car apart,
                          trying to find something to post about.

LIKE:
                          repair help forum
                          subj: how do i get my small woodland creature out from my drivers seat cushion?????

AND WELCOME TO THE LAND OF FUEL INJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          WHERE THE MAJORITY OF US CAN ACTUALLY HELP YOU NOW
                          (but not for the above problem)

Comment

Yes, Mike, I give you credit for finding this one!

It was kind of hidden so I would never have found it without your help...

I still do have my Euro parts. Did you guys think I'd ever sell them with a car? :lol:

I took the Burgundy Festiva for a ride around the alley and it runs like s#!t, like the timing belt jumped a tooth or something. But it does run and I think I can limp home with it.

I'm glad to finally join the EFI club. Unfortunately my extensive knowledge of carbed Festivas is no good there, so I guess I am a newbie again... :la:

I did evict a cat from my new car, does that count as a Woodland Creature?

Expect my post whoring to increase tenfold. I'm about to do an interior swap and I fear I may run into some wiring issues..

Regards,

Tim
                            White '89L auto - Sold!
                            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

FI is relatively simple. I had to take apart my entire fuel rail system to clean the arachnid/entomological dwellings out. I had no major problems doing so.

Carbs run with scary magic and you'll need your psychic friend network.

FI is understandable.

How long you been at your new place, Tim? Already you have two Festies and one is an LX!

I bet you found a seat tray, some lunch money and a box full of collectable comic books in it, too!

Karl
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                              X