First run with the b6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First run with the b6

Well after a year with out a working festiva I finally found the time to do the b6 swap and it is amazing the difference I don't know why this wasn't an option in our cars got it done last night and took it on a 30 mile ride today it's nice to actually be able get on the interstate with out having to work the car so hard and the performance cam pull like a beast the only downfall is a little rough idle
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Congrats! And Zanzer and I agree that from now on we are just going to replace old b3's with b6's for that very reason. They should have just came with them.

PS: I run demolition derby's myself so we share another common obsession.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

The B6 and the Weber carb are the best things I ever did to mine. Aspire brakes come in a strong 2nd though. Definitely know what you mean about getting on the freeway. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
        The B6 and the Weber carb are the best things I ever did to mine. Aspire brakes come in a strong 2nd though. Definitely know what you mean about getting on the freeway. Congratulations!
        How'd you do the Weber? Gen 1 B6 head and B3 intake? Electric fuel pump?
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

love my htchbk b6 install!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
            Congrats! And Zanzer and I agree that from now on we are just going to replace old b3's with b6's for that very reason. They should have just came with them.

PS: I run demolition derby's myself so we share another common obsession.
            What class do you run? I run rwd compacts just got done building a 200 horse 2.3 it's nutty
            Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Originally posted by muddevil01 View Post
              What class do you run? I run rwd compacts just got done building a 200 horse 2.3 it's nutty
              Mostly compacts now, the big iron is getting scarce. I do have a 76 chrysler newport waiting for the right event.

http://
              Last edited by kartracer46; 02-22-2012, 09:56 PM.
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Nice gotta watch those square back wagons they bend bad in a hurry and the newport should be hard if done right glad to hear that there is another derby guy with good taste in cars

Comment

Awesome!

Originally posted by muddevil01 View Post
                  Well after a year with out a working festiva I finally found the time to do the b6 swap and it is amazing the difference I don't know why this wasn't an option in our cars got it done last night and took it on a 30 mile ride today it's nice to actually be able get on the interstate with out having to work the car so hard and the performance cam pull like a beast the only downfall is a little rough idle
                  I totally agree with you. But I always think all my cars are under powered. Thats why this guy makes me giggle http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=441727
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

B6 is where its at, it should have been in baseline festivas, the "option" should have been the BP
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yup I also agree B6's should have been stock, or at least an option lol

Although I'd still pull the B6 for something bigger haha

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Congrats on getting the B6 swap done! I hope to have mine done within the next couple months.....funds permitting.
                        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Thanks it's been killing me not being able to drive my car I've got 3 festys and they were all broken so at least I've got my favorite one fixed with a b6

Comment

About time!!
                            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Yup I love my camed b6 and already have most if my parts to boost it in the next few months. Gauge boosted his but I didn't take a ride in it when I had the chance but none the less I love the camed b6
                              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Working...
                              X