hey looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey looking for help

hi guys im new to this forum iv got a 97 ford festiva trio-S iv been looking to change the engine in it they told me to look at Mazda engines what engine will fit my car thanks guys

scotty
    omg a purple festiva just kicked your ass

hey

Hey man,

over here in the states the car you have is called a Aspire, just so you don't get confused when you use the search function at the top of the page:-)

Give us more info, do you want power, or just another aspire engine. Do you have engine swap experience? Or are you a first timer at doing and car work?

If your looking for alittle bit of power and easy swap, the B6 its a 1.6 out of mazda 323's. They might be called something else in your country though. go to www.google.com and search for mazda engine interchangibility fact sheet. It lists all the engines, there similarities, and so on.

Your choices for mazda are basically a B6, B6t (turbo), BP(1.8 DOHC), B8 (1.8 SOHC), and BPT (Turbo DOHC 1.8 ). That fact sheet will give you the years all the engines where produced and which vehicles you can find them in.

Logan

Comment

im looking for power and top end speed i wanna be able to beat my mates opel calibra i just really wanna shut him down to the max

Comment

opels

Opels are really nice cars, your only hope is a BPT engine, its about the biggest you can get in the car without to many mods, but with that your going to have clearence issues in some minor spots, which will mean some welding skills. Also your going to need to find a G25MR transmission out of a capri xr2, I think they were in some other cars, but its alot stronger than your cars current one. You can use the one you have but with the 200 or so horsepower the BPT has, you will rip it apart in no time tring to race it.

Logan

Comment

thanks man ill look into it

Comment

Does yours have the 1.3L or 1.5L?
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

1.5ltr

Comment

Working...