New soon to be owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New soon to be owner

Hey I just joined the site because I was looking to purchase a festiva. The one I want needs a new clutch assembly and was in a front end collision. I was wondering how much it would cost to replace the clutch myself, the price I should offer for a non-running vehicle and how much a hood headlights and grill would cost me. Pretty much how much it would be to get it running. Also I have been doing some research and this is the original 1.3l engine is 153000 km ok mileage for this motor. Does the motor look clean in the pictures to any of you pro owners out there?

Here is the link to see it:

Any help would be appreciated, hope to be a festy owner soon.

Thanks,
    Lee

The biggest thing I would be checking is front end. How bad was collision. Does it look like any of the frame or mounts or anything under the car is crimped or damaged. That would be a major concern. Looks like hood is crinked some and space between door and fender is uneven.
    Last edited by milehighbear; 02-28-2012, 04:00 PM.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

The frame seems ok it does look to be only cosmetic damage which would require me to buy a new hood bumper and possibly headlights. There doesn't seem to be any bent metal under the hood.

Comment

Check gap between door and fender, drivers side, is it uneven, does door stick, just trying to make sure all is good.
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Car looks nice. I have not paid more than $300 for any of my cars. All of them needed various parts to get back to health. The parts add up quick. I have found a parts car is a must to keep cost down.

It seems like these cars are getting harder to find and twice as expensive. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X