X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki G10 1L Miata

Don't know if anyone had seen this yet.
    http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...&highlight=geo
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    Ehhhhhh,its ok I guess. B3 would be much better IMO.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

^As you wish.
      B3 Miata goodness below.
      http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=441727

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

oh, that reminds me!!! thanks sketch!
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          oh, that reminds me!!! thanks sketch!
          Sure.

Building a B3 miata too?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

oh no lol, i just wanted to see what he had gotten done since the trans update. i see it hasn't been much unfortunately. :/
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
              ^ That is so incredibly cool!
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

This is a very neat project. The way he ran the distributor, well, damn lol, that's clever and very out of the box. Adding that one to my box of potential tricks
                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Hi 'ya folks,

The G10 and B3 Miatas are my projects. I was really surprised to find this post.

Anyway, I'm going full speed on the B3 project and I have reached the point where I'm doing the ECM wiring.

I really haven't updated the thread after the transmission gear swap because most of what I'm doing right now is experimenting and I don't want to post the wrong information. Once I get things sorted out the thread will be updated regularly.

As some of you might know the Factory service manual and the supplemental electrical manual suck. The electrical info lacks any functional description of the sensors. Things like the TPS only show the device and the color codes... no description like reference voltage or signal ...

Anyway I'll post some question in the right area. Hopefully I can sort out this mess soon.

Jim

Comment

Welcome! We been sneakin over and watching what you are doing..Some on here have
                    access to pretty good info, you might post your year , model, engine for all vehicles involved..
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Hi 'ya Movin,

Would this thread be a good place to ask a B3 ECM related question?

The engine and ECM are from a 1993 Festiva.

I'm trying to splice the Festiva TPS connector into the Miata harness but I hit a dead end.

The manual gives the color code of the TPS wires.. however I also need to know the function of the wire.

ECM location 2L is a yellow wire but is this wire for the signal or is it reference voltage?

ECM location N is a yellow/Blk wire... reference or signal?

I figured out the Black/blue wire... ground.

Any help would be awesome!

Jim

Comment

fujioko: in the quest for fuel economy what made you go small displacement gas rather than seek out a diesel? Someone the other day posted a 'for sale' ad of a 1980s rear wheel drive Isuzu (same diesel as installed in GM Chevettes apparently). That's a lot of work you're doing and I'm impressed it's not the usual 'how big a V8 can we stuff in there' -type project.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                          fujioko: in the quest for fuel economy what made you go small displacement gas rather than seek out a diesel? Someone the other day posted a 'for sale' ad of a 1980s rear wheel drive Isuzu (same diesel as installed in GM Chevettes apparently). That's a lot of work you're doing and I'm impressed it's not the usual 'how big a V8 can we stuff in there' -type project.
                          Hi Bert,

I was never a big fan of diesel engines. I had a chance to drive a Rabbit diesel and didn't like it. I drove a huge Mercedes non turbo diesel with an automatic and hated the car. The Mercedes might have been OK if it were manual transmission.

The engine swap thing is sort of a hobby and I saw the three cylinder car as an easy winter project.

The overall success of the three cylinder car has evolved into the Festiva powered Miata.

All of my project are done on a budget. I don't spend a lot of money because I'm doing this stuff for fun. I purposely keep my expenses low because that is also part of the challenge.

I have a very technical background and access to almost any tool I need. I have built everything from oddball motorcycles and battlebot type robots. The one thing I have learned is stuff gets expensive real fast.

I suppose If I were going to do a diesel project it would have to be cheap and I would need a running doner vehicle. Perhaps I should check out some modern VW engines.

Jim

Comment

A deisel swap I have seen a lot in jeeps and stuff is a cummins 4bt. I was going to try to stuff one in a festiva with a miata trans but I'm not going to try for a long time. Your work is amazing though.
                            93 Festiva L White B6T
                            99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
                            89 Festiva Blue
                            91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
                            93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
                            93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

Originally posted by fujioko View Post
                              Hi 'ya Movin,

Would this thread be a good place to ask a B3 ECM related question?

The engine and ECM are from a 1993 Festiva.

I'm trying to splice the Festiva TPS connector into the Miata harness but I hit a dead end.

The manual gives the color code of the TPS wires.. however I also need to know the function of the wire.

ECM location 2L is a yellow wire but is this wire for the signal or is it reference voltage?

ECM location N is a yellow/Blk wire... reference or signal?

I figured out the Black/blue wire... ground.

Any help would be awesome!

Jim
                              You have a little of every thing in the thread I would place it as general
                              but I'm just a nube around here. If this turns into computer stuff we should have a repair NA conversion thread..Here is a little festy stuff.
                              do you need the miata pin out ?
                              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                              X