Met another forum member...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met another forum member...

It's always great to meet fellow Festiva enthusiasts and I did just that this weekend. As some of you may know I bought Darlo's car. He's in the Vancouver BC area and I'm in Calgary so we made arrangements to meet half way. We met yesterday afternoon in Salmon Arm BC. One of my older boys drove me out and then I drove the newly acquired Festiva home.

Daryll was keen to show me all the work he and Mike (sasquatch) had done to the car. Daryll, you can be sure the Festiva is in good hands and will be well taken care of. BTW, I've already fixed the windshield wipers. This Festiva is for one of my older daughters and will be kept mostly stock.

The drive out to Salmon Arm was uneventful. The highway had been closed earlier in the day due to avalanches in the Roger's Pass but reopened just as we got to Golden BC. We had fairly typical late winter driving conditions heading out but things got a bit hairy on the return trip. It started to snow really hard east of Golden so much so that it was hard to see where the road was. The Field hill was a bit of a skating rink and there were at least half a dozen semis stuck on the way up because they hadn't stopped at the bottom in the designated "chain up" area and done what they were supposed to do. The going was slow and cautious from there all the way to Canmore where the snow stopped.

The drive home took an hour longer than the drive out but we made it home safe and sound but tired and with an ice covered car.

It was an interesting weekend in that Friday and Saturday I took my Festiva up to Edmonton and back, a trip of about 600km, and then on Sunday drove the new acquisition home from Salmon Arm, at trip of about 600km. Going from my car, which has a lot of performance and comfort geared modifications, to driving the bone stock Festiva makes me really appreciate the work I have put in over the last number of years. If you ever wonder if all the work you've put into your Festiva is worth it take a stock version out for a lengthy drive and see what a difference you've made!

I'll keep you posted on the progress with our new Festiva. Thanks Daryll for selling the car to us!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

So that means your bringing two festivas to westiva this year Ian?

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
      BTW, I've already fixed the windshield wipers.
      How did you end up doing it?

Comment

its always nice meeting another member i havnt met very many yet but its always been a good experience
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Darlo View Post
          How did you end up doing it?
          All I had to do was tighten up the large diameter nut under the rubber boot... that part of the wiper mechanism isn't welded to the cowl. I'll see if I can get a photo a bit later.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Really? it isnt welded? hmmmmm.....

Glad you got it fixed!

Comment

Loose nuts hurt fuel economy..
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
              X