Tried to convert another festiva owner to ff.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried to convert another festiva owner to ff.com

Well the wife was headed home from the supermarket and she calls me and says ” there is a festiva with the hood up on the side of the road about a half mile from the house” so I put my shoes on and jump in the car and run up there and see a caterpillar yellow carby and the owner was scratching his head long story short the car needs a new carb put a new fuel filter on it to get it home and told him about the site so hopefully he logs on
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Niice, I'm trying to convince my cousin to buy a Festiva, he's stuck on honduhs.. hopefully after I get my car done and show up his buddys built Honda he'll come around..
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Ill keep an eye on craigslist.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Actually I might end up owning this festy cause the owner just called me and doesn't want to put a new carb on it and asked if I wanted to buy it cheap it's a little rough and it's a weird color but hey it's still a festiva
        Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

If it's original yellow jump on it
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

I don't think it's an original yellow it's an 88 and it looks just like caterpillar yellow and if it has been repainted it was done right they got all the door jambs and engine compartment so I don't know but I'm going to get it cause it's only 300 dollars with a clear title

Comment

Good score. I'm sure it has found a good home.
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

It's not a done deal yet and I'm not that keen on it being a carby but I know that there is a ton of info on here about them I told the current owner I'd buy it so the ball is in his court

Comment

Hi Justin.

The carby motor has a higher compression ratio than the EFI. You could swap the EFI to it, and see how it performs. I said hello to your wife at the Family Center a couple of hours ago.

I'm still around. I just got back on FF.com. I've been way busy.
                  '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Not to hijack, but what gives it higher compression? I've rebuild both before, and they use the same crank, rods, pistons, valves and heads... It was my understanding that the cams were the same too, just the rockers were different (with EFI being HLAs and carbies having screw type lash adjusters)
                    Last edited by htchbck; 03-14-2012, 07:57 PM.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I think it may be 88 only. My 88 ford service manual says 9.7:1 compression. I think the later ones are quoted at 9.4:1?
                      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                      92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                      New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Not doubting it, just wondering what makes the difference. I've been rebuilding a few motors lately, and I have a couple of '88 motors still in cars that will be coming out for the rebuilt ones to go in. Want to make sure I order the right parts when I rebuild them lol.
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I love yellow. It would go great with my canary yellow Tommy Hilfiger down jacket, my yellow KFC Chicky hat and yellow work gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                            Not doubting it, just wondering what makes the difference. I've been rebuilding a few motors lately, and I have a couple of '88 motors still in cars that will be coming out for the rebuilt ones to go in. Want to make sure I order the right parts when I rebuild them lol.
                            I would imagine if all parts are the same the difference for the increase in cr would be deck height but I'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva View Post
                              I think it may be 88 only. My 88 ford service manual says 9.7:1 compression. I think the later ones are quoted at 9.4:1?
                              I assumed they dropped the compression ratio to reduce emissions after the EFI was introduced. My understanding is that the combustion chamber volume is the same in all the B3 heads. The crank stroke is the same, it would have to be the piston deck height, wouldn't it?

I'm clueless.
                              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Working...
                              X