"Pile of (VW?) Oil Coolers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pile of (VW?) Oil Coolers"

Someone who is selling VW engine parts is also advertising a "pile of oil coolers."

Did many VWs come with oil coolers? How hard would it be to add one onto a Festy/Aspire ATX? Should I buy his "pile" for $20? Would any of you be interested in getting some (VW?) oil coolers for cheap? Let's say a "pile" is at least four. I'd sell the ones I don't use for $5 plus shipping.

ASSuming they are in good shape, that is.

If the answer is "yes--go for it" my next question would be "what do I look for condition-wise?"

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

id take one if they were in good shape

Comment

I would also be interested in one for my B6T if they are in good shape. As far as what to look for I'm not sure. Probably the same things you would look for in a radiator or anything else like that
      Paul
      91GL
      Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I emailed the guy and he replied that these came on stock VWs bolted to the block. He didn't think they'd fit our applications.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Ok thanks for the update. Kinda sounds like they might be more trouble than its worth if there made specific for that application. I was hoping they would be more like a universal type
          Paul
          91GL
          Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I cant recall what or rather how these went onto the VW's, but you can make anything work May just need to get a line to run to it? I know Ive seen them and they could be made to work, just cant recall how much work to get them to that point.

I would have to see pics to get a better idea on if its worth it.

Right now I have a AT cooler from a 88 Bronco to make a engine cool for my SVO.

Comment

If they are oil coolers for the air cooled VW engine I don't think they'd work. They bolt directly to the engine block (no in or out lines) and seal with a couple o-rings. They make aftermarket oil coolers for high performance VW that are over-sized and mount externally. These have a more universal application and would probably work with minor mods.

Steve
              Dayton,Ohio

Comment

Working...
              X