Not everyone loves Festiva's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not everyone loves Festiva's.

I met a gentleman the other day that said some very unkind things about my 93 Festiva. After going over my car with a fine toothed comb he wrote me a fix it ticket for not having a rear bumper.
    Thanks to a nice piece of quarter sawn white oak, I showed him.
    I wonder what kind of trailer load the 6 bolts that hold the stock bumper on will take?

What a jerk.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Normally they are class one hitches. 1,000 lb trailer weight. 100 lb ball weight.

Comment

A lot more than the oak wood, that's for sure. Love that trailer. Is that a Backpacker?

EDIT: You said you showed him. I assume you meant, "Well, I showed HIM," and mounted that. Did it work??? They accepted the wooden plank? Forgive me if I sound sarcastic, because I'm not trying to. I'm legitimately interested. Also, what's the story with the original bumper?
        Last edited by DriverOne; 03-26-2012, 03:54 PM.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

a wood plank does NOT a bumper make.... that's why you have the ticket.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The original bumper fell victim to Michigan roadsalt, leaving the bumper mounting brackets, which I used.
            A nice Michigan State Trooper signed my ticket and said, "nice job."
            An inch and three quarter of white oak is good enough for decking on the trailer that used to pull my backhoe, so its good enough for me.
            The trailer is a Coleman, I think it used to be a pop-up tent trailer, now it is a great big, dry, toolbox.

Comment

Good job , i appreciate that kind of can do ingenuity ! Maybe throw a little paint on it or screw a bumper cover over the plank ...

Comment

Really diggin the trailer. I have a coleman trailer I want to tow around with my festy. Is that trailer tagged? I think here in Kansas, if the trailer is under 8m or something like that, it doesn't need to be tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by mudder View Post
                  The trailer is a Coleman, I think it used to be a pop-up tent trailer, now it is a great big, dry, toolbox.
                  I thought I recognized it! I'd say, maybe put up a WTB for a bumper. A quick spray of some bedliner should fix that salt issue!
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

To Patronize and Annoy...

Comment

A wood bumper would not pass in Maryland. Tried it in high school on a 72 Nova. Pulled it off and welded on a peice of channel iron to make it pass.
                      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudder View Post
                        I wonder what kind of trailer load the 6 bolts that hold the stock bumper on will take?

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Cool! I feel safer now.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X