My new DD (KL inside!) :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new DD (KL inside!) :D

So I notice an MX-6 parked at my dad's buddy's place, which is just down the road from me. So I just casually am curious, asking my dad about who's it is. Later, in pops a for sale sign. hmmm...probably too much for me right now...drive by...no, not too much. hmmm...probably an I4 or auto or something...nope, 5-speed V6...sweeet. I've wanted a KL car for quite some time, and I'm so happy with this thing. The gearbox has been abused and the synchros are messed, but the engine feels tight. It's leaking oil pretty bad, but I'm pretty sure it's an easy fix. Tyres are worn, but I've been wanting to try out some Toyos anyways.

I've always really liked MX-6's but always figured they should be RWD. Looks like the perfect candidate for an MR conversion though. But anyways, it's nice to be driving a Mazda while I work on getting my Festiva projects going. With the return of nicer weather, I'll be getting right into them.

Hmmm those remind me of a fish lol. But they are very solid cars and a lot of fun to ride in when my friend used to have one. He never let me drive it though lol.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Nice donor car for the festiva

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        Yeah, that's what I though this thread was going to be about!
        Though you were going to have company with the KL!
        So disappointed!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Ya I'm still waiting to see another KL festy, although if a couple members follow through with what they've said to me in pm's, there maybe a couple this year

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That is a pretty clean looking 6! I love the sound of a KL at full throttle! I just went 1226 miles round trip to pick up my old twincharged probe, now that's KL love! ha ha.

You will not be disappointed with the car, my probe would get 24mpgs in town and 30 on the highway.
            93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
            -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
            123.7mph highest trap
            95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

noooo don't tear up that MX-6, that thing looks minty. I have had a soft spot for them for a while. They never really went down price wise around here though and they rotted away fast...
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                I've thought a bit about that actually. I do already have a BP for my Festiva. I really should though. I'd need another car for a DD if I were to do that though. Then again, I do still have may Accord. Whether I swap the KL into my Festi or not though, this MX-6 will be my next project afterwards. It will NOT be merely a donor car. I'll decide on whether I put the BP or KL into my Festi once I'm finally done my buddy's B6T swap, which WILL be this summer. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                  noooo don't tear up that MX-6, that thing looks minty. I have had a soft spot for them for a while. They never really went down price wise around here though and they rotted away fast...
                  Don't worry, I've got a soft spot for them too. It definitely isn't minty though, but the body is decent enough. The interior is pretty rough too, it has not been babied, that's for sure. I'll be giving it some much needed TLC though.

Comment

Very nice! Big improvement on the accord?

-Scott
                    Aqua 93 L
                    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Working...
                    X