hi! just got my first festiva!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi! just got my first festiva!

i just bought my first festiva on Saturday. i paid 50 bucks for it and its in very rough shape but not un-repairable. i know a little about cars as i have built a few. i changed the oil, put new gas in it, new fluids ect. i got it to fire but not stay running. i order a fuel pump(thats why it wont stay running) should be here tomorrow. so once thats installed well see!! i noticed THIS was the place to go if you own one. so just wanted to say hi.

-Wes
    1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
    1993 Festiva L

Check the inertia switch on the rear left shock tower, just in case. Welcome!
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Don't forget to add your location, it may be helpful for others to help you out in the future.
      Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
      93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
      91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
      93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
      15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
      88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

welcome to the forum! that's a great deal!
        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Are you sure its the fuel pump? Pull the line off before the filter in the hood and see if it pumps. Hate to see you waste a bunch on a pump thats not needed like I did.

Also dont forget to change the fuel filter under the hood and the fuel pump sock. My filter under the hood was so full of rust it sounded like a rattle when someone would shake it.
          2004 dodge cummins with a full competition engine and transmission.

2002 duramax bone stock

2013 gmc Acadia

1993 rotted out Festiva 5sp: beater car and daily from MI to NC

Comment

Awesome deal! Welcome to the site!
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

yeah i'm sure its fuel pump. it didnt turn on so i pulled it out and manual check it. i have one on its way with sock. found it for 26 buck brand new w/ warranty. i'll check fuel filter after if this car doesnt run and/or drive i'll have to part it out.( if its not at least good enough to run around town in,) it has 202k miles and i'm the second owner so hopefully. how do i add my location? i'm in Dayton, NV. but ill check the filter before installing the pump. thanks for welcoming me!
              by the way. how do you remove and install the little rear window and the hatchback window? or do i need to post on different form?
              1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
              1993 Festiva L

Comment

Go to user CP at the top of the page, it's under edit details
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

also, before pulling the pump inspect the VAF harness for corrosion and the air tube to the throttle body for cracks. any false air past the VAF can cause it to stall, and if the vaf isn't moving, it won't allow the fuel pump to continue to run.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

:eeeeeek::eeeeeek::eeeeeek: You could probably pedal quite a few
                    of those fuel pumps !!! You are lucky!
                    I didn't check but assuming you are speaking of in tank pump..
                    Have fun with your new car, we love them!!

Originally posted by weside View Post
                    yeah i'm sure its fuel pump. it didnt turn on so i pulled it out and manual check it. i have one on its way with sock. found it for 26 buck brand new w/ warranty. i'll check fuel filter after if this car doesnt run and/or drive i'll have to part it out.( if its not at least good enough to run around town in,) it has 202k miles and i'm the second owner so hopefully. how do i add my location? i'm in Dayton, NV. but ill check the filter before installing the pump. thanks for welcoming me!
                    by the way. how do you remove and install the little rear window and the hatchback window? or do i need to post on different form?
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

this is a great site. i have some random parts if you need them . only air intake and stuff.
                      ;
                      www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                      rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                      '92 Festiva L M/T
                      '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Welcome to the site, post pictures!

how is the body?

Comment

If it started at all the pump is okay. The circuit that keeps it on is suspect. I got one of those $26 pumps (not yet installed).

Comment

Working...
                          X