Couple of Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Questions

I have a few things that I've been meaning to ask about but keep forgetting.

First, pretty simple.
    What is this?:

It mounts on the intake manifold and has coolant lines to the throttle body and air tubes to the intake. It appears to make noise sometimes when the ignition is on and engine off.
    The picture is a spare I have laying around from an engine swap.

Second, I have a 10" subwoofer powered by an 1100w max amp (about 350w RMS). Not a whole lot but enough to shake a Festiva.
    When I turn up the radio, the rear view mirror shakes and will vibrate until it turns down so low I only see the backseat. This is quite annoying as I am a mirror watcher- I keep track of all the cars around me when I drive.
    I have removed the mirror as I saw two small phillips screws on top, but those are tight and I can't find a way to make the ball joint tighter.
    I know some other people on here have subwoofers so I was wondering if anyone here has encountered this issue and found a solution.
    I was thinking maybe some paper or something in the joint to add resistance/fill in space?
    ~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

whats this

It's called an IAC, Idle Air Control.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Iac (idle air control) valve. Real hobbiest use hot glue. Comes off in one piece and is usually pretty clean.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Thanks!
        I knew the FI Festy's had one but never knew where it was...

Hot glue is an idea. Definitely putting that on the list.
        ~Austin
        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
        X