90 festiva L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 festiva L

my festi comes out of the shop today! paid around 1500 for the car and now am gonna pay about that much in repairs. only had it for a couple of weeks when i kept having problems with it. + battery cable kept shorting so i cleaned it and shortened it. driver side seatbelt wouldn't retract when i closed the door. at any rate i decided to drive it on a 30 mile round trip (with the radiator cap mistakenly left off)... what they fixed: blown head gasket, cooling fan wiring, seat belt, timing belt, A/C, fuel system (which was leaking after i tried DIY). Anyways i'm glad to have it back. My first car at 19 hope it doesn't break down next week.

well at least your 19...haha

good luck in future with your festy
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Wow!

You must really love that car. I know I love mine, even though the bugger is 500 miles away with a blown tranny... :evil:

But on the flip side, I gots me a parts car! A wrecked Festiva with otherwise good parts is a valuable investment, as I am about to learn.

You can do 95% of the work on a Festiva yourself and save thousands in repairs.

They are really, REALLY simple to work on - especially the FI ones.

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

now i'm having a problem with the windshield wipers... I took apart the wiper motor and everything looked ok except for grease buildup that i cleaned off. The main problem is the wipers have to work for me to pass inspection. Anywho, I think the problem lies in a piece of plastic adjacent to the part that the motor actually turns. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X