Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bought 5 - 13" 64.5 mustang wheels & tires today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought 5 - 13" 64.5 mustang wheels & tires today.

found them on cl. 4x114.3 pattern with 4 nice mustang hubcaps. 2 tires were toast and 3 have 90% tread on them. 175/80/13's. got them for $40

the lugs holes are a little larger but the stock lug bolts get more than enough bite.

I plan on putting them on the festy when the 12's wear out. what is the skinnyest/lowest profile 13's out there? 165/60/13?

I don't think the hubcaps will look right on the car but ya never know. if not I'll try to fit some kind of centercap on them ( probably have to go in from the back of rim with a cap) and put some trim rings and chrome lugs with the rims painted satin black. that will look good on a white car and be cheap as well.

now if I can find some moons or disks...........thats some serious old school there.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Wow! Antique Pony wheels on a Festy. This I've gotta see. Pictures please.

If the Festy lug bolts have meagre purchase perhaps you'll want to try VW/Audi nuts. They're same thread, but ball-seat instead of cone and have more surface area. And they're 17mm bolt heads instead of 14. Namely you can reef a little harder on them.

Comment

I had my son's 1962 Comet wheels/tires on the rear for a couple days. They rubbed on bumps.

Comment

Please show a pic when you try them with hubcaps. Thanks.
        AFAIK the lowest are 165-65-13 and 165-55-13.
        Very nice find. Those hubcaps if in good condition sure have a value.
        I imagined that it will look cool when you put them.
        Cheers!
        Last edited by junspeed; 04-02-2012, 08:01 AM.
        Godspeed...
        click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
        1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
        93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
        97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
        94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
        95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
        97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
        Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
        97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
        2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

I won't be running them for a year or so - no since canning a good set of 12's although I will probably put 2 on and see what they look like. I'll take pics and post.

I don't think I'll have rub problems with 165/55's on it AND the fact that it has new monroe struts all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Wow! Antique Pony wheels on a Festy. This I've gotta see. Pictures please.

If the Festy lug bolts have meagre purchase perhaps you'll want to try VW/Audi nuts. They're same thread, but ball-seat instead of cone and have more surface area. And they're 17mm bolt heads instead of 14. Namely you can reef a little harder on them.
            Or you can get screw in wheel studs and regular lug nuts.

Early Falcon wheels on mine;

Comment

thread is useless without pics!
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Hey i have the chance to buy those same type of rim , from a mustang locally here did u have any issues with the rim hitting anything ??

Comment

I love that look id spray rim silver w chrome paint and leave the dog dish caps on there its awesome

Comment

Is that a 4* 4.5 bolt pattern ?

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                      thread is useless without pics!

well they're just steel wheels with these type hub caps;

Comment

Originally posted by runner406 View Post
                        Is that a 4* 4.5 bolt pattern ?

they are 4x114.3 - don't know how that tranlates to standard measure.

I don't know if they rub - I haven't put them on yet. might be a while. don't think they will - they are only 5.5" wide.

Comment

Originally posted by loknlode View Post
                          they are 4x114.3 - don't know how that tranlates to standard measure.

I don't know if they rub - I haven't put them on yet. might be a while. don't think they will - they are only 5.5" wide.
                          4x4.5" = 4x114.3mm

I'm concerned about the offset, since those are RWD wheels.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            4x4.5" = 4x114.3mm

I'm concerned about the offset, since those are RWD wheels.
                            IF they are the same as the early Falcon wheels, there shouldn't be a problem.

But then again, I'm using Aspire struts on all 4 corners.

Comment

Another issue is the rolling weight with these wheels/tires. If you have Festy brakes still, they are now even less effective in stopping the car. So you should drive even more conservatively.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X