Question for SOLOII guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for SOLOII guys

I am regerstiering for my first heat next sunday and was wondering was class I would be in with

B8 swap
    stock trans
    13" rubber

The rulebook is confusing, and slots are running out fast!!!
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

If this is SCCA, I would guess SM.

Whether you figure out what class or not just register now if you think it will fill up. People at Solos are generally very helpful people and can help you figure out your exact class, and you can change it there.
    Last edited by jemartin144; 04-02-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking "Street mod". because of that engine change.
      It's not like you did that to a protege, that would be different and you could still be "prepared" or even pull off "stock" if you didn't change anything else like adding a CAI or remove the cat. I may be wrong.
      You're not talking RallyCross right? You'd still be modified...you'd be M2
      Last edited by iceracerdude; 04-02-2012, 08:14 PM.
      97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
      CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
      Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

no, he'd be in D mod with the engine swap. SM doesn't allow non stock engines.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

SM allows swap among the same manufacture, if I read right. It is what I put down on the form...
          Going old school...

Comment

Intake is modded as well. CAI, oversize VAF, Oversize TB
            Going old school...

Comment

DMod would be a little tough to compete in me thinks. My uncle raced for years in DMod with a classic Mini. It was basically pure race built from the ground up. He had to compete with Lotus Europas and 7's. Ended up having to swap in a fully built V-tec just to be competitive. Those Lotus 7's are nasty quick...like little Indy cars with 300hp V-tec swaps. His little 150hp/1200Lb Mini Cooper just couldn't hang.
              Last edited by blkfordsedan; 04-02-2012, 10:15 PM.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
              X