Low mile B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low mile B6

I just reserved a 1.6 from an 88 323. It has 57,000 original miles! :eeeeeek:
    A little pricy at $550, but golly...57,000 miles! Thats crazy talk!
    No core charge, 90 day warranty.
    What do you all think? Is it worth it?

I have been looking, and calling JY's for a while now. No luck on any $150 motors at all. Missed one at $250. Got there and it was sold already.
    The only ones I can find, all fall in the same price range, but none of them have the low miles, this one has.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

As long as the motor hasn't been sitting too long. I have seen low mile motors that smoke like a chimney. With the warranty it shouldn't be an issue. So if doesn't burn oil, it sounds like a good deal.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I could have sold you a running B6 from an 89' 323 with 146k kms on it (90k miles) for ~$300 (it belongs to neanderpaul but i'm in possesion of it and i believe thats what he would like to get from it)

I can even supply a video of it running

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Oops! Brian bought that Chris!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^ Ahgggggg! :eeeeeek:

Oh well.
          Dan

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

ops: sorry drddan, i didn't know it was a done deal with Brian

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

LOL. Not a problem. Its cool!

Thanks for the offer, anyway!
              Last edited by drddan; 04-03-2012, 08:03 PM.
              Dan

R.I.P.
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

I think you did OK. I looked for a year before I found a good B6 within driving distance. I gave 250 for it, hauled it home and found the PO must have never changed the oil. It was worn out, but rebuildable.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Just remember to change all the seals, timing belt and water pump while you have it out of the car still.....oh, and you'll want to upgrade the clutch's pressure plate to a Stage 1 while you're at it.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I am jinked! :eeeeeek:

Ready this morning to get the B6 .....but......

Now I have developed a BIG GAS LEAK in the tank of my other vehicle! :eeeeeek:
                    Right now BOTH my vehicles are broke down! WTH.
                    It is a 1990 F-150, and the whole top of the poorly designed tank seam has bad rust.
                    All along the rear seam, which is for some reason, made with the seam bent up like a "U" shape.
                    Just makes it hold water, dirt, and whatever else. Well, that whole area is just totally flaked up rust. Wire brushing, using a stiff brass wire brush, has revealed 2 holes at least 1/8 diameter. Again ...:eeeeeek:
                    On my way to the parts store for some gas tank repair to see if I can get it to stop leaking long enough to drive the 140 miles to get my engine.

Wait....It gets better!!!!!!

While I am typing this I get a phone call ...FROM THE JY THAT I AM TO GET THE ENGINE FROM.
                    Guess what, they have not pulled the engine that I requested, told me I cant get it till monday!!!!!!!!!
                    I am mad enough to KILL! Told me if I called by wed, they would have it pulled. Well, I called and told them tuesday, and they still dont have it pulled yet!!

WTH, I cant get a break. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:
                    Last edited by drddan; 04-06-2012, 08:50 AM.
                    Dan

R.I.P.
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Maybe they will have the motor out when you get the truck fixed. ( trying to look on the bright side ). Was the motor from an auto or manual car ? Id spend $550 on a good motor before I spent $200 on a questionable motor. Its no fun doing a swap twice. Also Id prefer the jy takes their time removing the motor instead of just yanking it.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I would call them back and asked him if you can pull it yourself and get a discount.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Fresh...
                          Dont know which tranny it was, and thanks for looking on the bright side.
                          I am all better now..ccasion5:

Paul..that is good advice!

Thanks
                          Dan

R.I.P.
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Working...
                          X