Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mextiva might go up for sale soon!

Yeah thats right

I just wanted to ask you guys what would be a fair price to ask for it.
    I have a little over 7k invested on it.

1988 festiva L
    Mods are:
    1991 B6T with 100k miles.
    capri tranny with 100k miles.
    reich racing ecu upgrade.
    ATP blow off valve + boost controller.
    Small intercooler.
    act street clutch.
    Modified prelude koyo aluminum radiator.
    2 1/4'' exhaust pipe from the 2 1/2'' half downpipe to a 2 1/2'' exhaust cutout to a 2 1/2'' borla muffler (no cat).
    8k rpm 5'' monster tach.
    phantom water temp gauge.
    phantom air fuel ratio gauge.
    two gauge pod.
    interior is stock.
    alpine cd player.
    vega 4'' front speakers.
    fms non adjustable strut tower.
    kyb gr2's shock's with honda coilovers (the bouncy one's).
    stock brakes.
    15'' adr wheels with the 195/45/15 (tires are close to new) a pair is toyo t1-r's and the other pair are from nexem both look nice.
    come's with the set of slick 20x6x14 on new 14'' wheels.
    it has a passenger mirror already.
    the car came with A/C from factory.no a/c on it now
    New windshield,it got a chip on the passenger side from a rock two days after install.
    tinted windows all around.

The bad things are:
    front right side damage from 1989 the headlight is pushed in a little (easy fix)
    My hood has hoodpins and I forgot to close them so it has a dent on the roof.and where the wipers attache to the car,I will fix the wiper dents.
    The lights on the speedo don't work,I will fix this when I have time.

Other than that the car has been running like a champ for six month's it has been on the track 3 times and runned a best of 12.7@108.I have videos of most runs.The engine has received oil changes every 2500 miles with regular oil not synthetic.

Thank you!
    06 vw Bora
    09 Nissan Versa
    fastest B6T is back!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

what a nice festy, why you giving it up? is yours the fastest one on this board? mighty quick 1/4 time. how do those b6t's do on gas mileage in normal driving conditions.

when you fix a price i might be interested. thanks
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
      what a nice festy, why you giving it up? is yours the fastest one on this board? mighty quick 1/4 time. how do those b6t's do on gas mileage in normal driving conditions.

when you fix a price i might be interested. thanks
      I want to move on to a different car, A 02-03 nissan maxima I need more room.It's # 1 on the top ten list right now.I get about 22 to 25 mpg.

I have no Idea on the price yet, Thats the reason I posted here.I know i'm not getting anywhere close to 7k.I will post the price on the for sale section If I decide to go through the sale.If it does'nt sell I'll keep it.

I will be going to the dragstrip proly on the 15th of this month to see if i can get better times.
      06 vw Bora
      09 Nissan Versa
      fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

thanks, i always watch the for sale section.
        "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

how much would you like to get for it??

Comment

Originally posted by takeone51
            how much would you like to get for it??
            Thats the question here, I'm thinking to ask 5k or best offer.
            06 vw Bora
            09 Nissan Versa
            fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

hmm,sounds fair.. i would really like to get your car... :twisted:

Comment

I payed over 7k thats paying 150 for the engine only after selling parts off the capri so I saved lots of money.The thing is that I only used top off the line parts and payed a professional shop to do the swap.
                06 vw Bora
                09 Nissan Versa
                fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

who did the suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by takeone51
                    who did the suspension?
                    My cousin, He works at a shop.We used the universal honda coilover system.
                    06 vw Bora
                    09 Nissan Versa
                    fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

cool, how is it set up? i noticed in that movie you posted awhile back that it sits lower in the front..

Comment

I don't want to speak for Mextiva here but when I had a set of "Ractive" Civic coil-overs with GR2s on my Festiva, my car looked like one of those rice-boy cars with chopped springs that bounce all over the road. It was pretty much the worst thing ever. I later found that my front shocks MAY have been blown but who knows... those coilovers were way too stiff for the shock absorbers. The car is much better now though
                        * Retired Festiva-er*
                        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
                          I don't want to speak for Mextiva here but when I had a set of "Ractive" Civic coil-overs with GR2s on my Festiva, my car looked like one of those rice-boy cars with chopped springs that bounce all over the road. It was pretty much the worst thing ever. I later found that my front shocks MAY have been blown but who knows... those coilovers were way too stiff for the shock absorbers. The car is much better now though
                          Yeah! the ride is bad.(teins will fix this issue)
                          Even with my springs cutted it was way better.But the ride is stiffer and i will be going to the track to see if it will help at all.
                          The weather cleared and I got to clean the car.It looks so nice I don't want to think of selling anymore.

Look for new video this coming sunday!
                          06 vw Bora
                          09 Nissan Versa
                          fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

Dont sell it I say, :cry: but do whatever pleases you man.

Comment

no!! don't listen to him, i want your car!!! :shock:

Comment

Working...
                              X