No announcement yet.

Cover For My Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry i can't buy into the walcrap. maybe used as a dust cover in a garage or under a carport. i don't care how little wages are paid to the pointy straw hat hordes. you will not get the same protection from a "cover" that costs 1/100th the price of a top quality covercraft or other reputable brand and in fact may accelerate damage to your paint over just leaving it exposed.
    with no garage or shelter and living in the "pits"burgh area i had to invest in the best for one of my more prized cars. i went with a covercraft Noah cover at about $200. this is a true custom made to fit cover. not a generic S/M/L/XL choice. has mirror pockets, elastic front/rear (that lasts more than a week before losing its elasticity) and padded reinforced tie down eyelets. the soft inner layer combined with the tight fit keeps it from wearing the paint. i've pulled sections of the cover up many times to do detail or engine work or to get into the car and never a scratch from this kind of disturbance. even though its not waterproof it still designed to keep dust and dirt out while allowing the car to breathe.
    the cover has been thru 2 winters under a bird filled tree and shows no wear. i wash it once a year at the laundry. really, if you have a finish worth protecting it's worth the money. or if not, get a dropcloth for a fistful of Yuan at walworld.
    Last edited by F3BZ; 01-27-2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
      i bought mine from autozone and its a perfect fit. They had a book by the covers, I looked up festiva, it gave a part number and i bought it.
      Hot, could you please post a picture of the cover on your Festiva?

Comment

I am still looking for fabric.
        There certainly are a lot of choices.

Forget about a group buy. I don't need a sun protection cover for Arizona or rain protection for the PNW.
        I need breathablity, when the temp goes from below to above freezing in my barn. The engine block heater helps fight moisture under the cover a little.

I might consider sewing in a couple of speed stripes for my cover if I can't buy the fabric wide enough. I will have the fastest Festiva "on the blocks". The widest part of the cover is at the base of the windshield.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-28-2017, 09:32 AM.

Comment

My friend sold his Gen 2 Mini Cooper but kept the covers and I bought them from him, a full cover and a cabin cover, I'm keeping the cabin cover, I use it all the time but willing to trade the full cover for Festy parts, what do you have?
          The cover fits perfect and is quality made, if you want a picture of it on my Festy let me know.
          Last edited by ECCustom; 01-28-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Post a pic please. Is it for outdoor or indoor? I need an indoor cover.

Car covers manufacturers will not sell material only.
            At the moment, I am thinking of just sewing some cotton flannel fabric together.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 01-28-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X