Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am jinxed!

I am jinked! :eeeeeek:

Ready this morning to get the B6 .....but......

Now I have developed a BIG GAS LEAK in the tank of my other vehicle! :eeeeeek:
    Right now BOTH my vehicles are broke down! WTH.
    It is a 1990 F-150, and the whole top of the poorly designed tank seam has bad rust.
    All along the rear seam, which is for some reason, made with the seam bent up like a "U" shape.
    Just makes it hold water, dirt, and whatever else. Well, that whole area is just totally flaked up rust. Wire brushing, using a stiff brass wire brush, has revealed 2 holes at least 1/8 diameter. Again ...:eeeeeek:
    On my way to the parts store for some gas tank repair to see if I can get it to stop leaking long enough to drive the 140 miles to get my engine.

Wait....It gets better!!!!!!

While I am typing this I get a phone call ...FROM THE JY THAT I AM TO GET THE ENGINE FROM.
    Guess what, they have not pulled the engine that I requested, told me I cant get it till monday!!!!!!!!!
    I am mad enough to KILL! Told me if I called by wed, they would have it pulled. Well, I called and told them tuesday, and they still dont have it pulled yet!!

WTH, I cant get a break. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

The title of this post is "Rust, and lazy a-holes."
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

At least ya got the weekend to fix the gas tank right? Just trying to see the bright side here
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

And you will still get a nice b6.
        New build on the way .

Comment

^^ Yep! I started reading the part where the yard called you and I thought it was gonna say that they had sold the engine out from under you or something.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Just so anyone who was thinking of getting a B6 from this place.
            Caution!

It is A1 auto recyclers in Columbia, Mo.

They have a quite few bad reviews hanging around the net, and they just got more...from me. :nono:
            Dan

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

^^ reason?
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                ^^ reason?
                You must not have read the post about the reserve I put on the engine?

The yard is 140 miles away. I was told, if I reserved it by wednesday, they would have it pulled and ready. Well I gave then an extra day even, I called on tuesday and reserved it. That is 3 days they had to pull it.
                They knew I was driving 140 mlies to get it, and was the only day I could get it, and I was needing it for for my DD. Well, friday, the day I was to get it, they hadnt even pulled it yet, and were not going to get to it that day at all.

Is that reason enough?
                Dan

R.I.P.
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

You're really having some bad luck. Sorry to hear it. Good luck with your truck. On the bright side, you didn't drive 140 miles and then find out they hadn't pulled it.

Comment

Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
                    You're really having some bad luck. Sorry to hear it. Good luck with your truck. On the bright side, you didn't drive 140 miles and then find out they hadn't pulled it.
                    ....and thus, the "I am jinxed", at least it seems, when it comes to getting parts for my beloved Festy. :cry_smile:
                    The troubles I have had trying to stuff for it you wouldnt believe!
                    Of course, I havent been attacked by any wild animals* (yet) in my persuit of festy parts, so maybe it isnt all that bad! :p

* Batstiva can explain
                    Last edited by drddan; 04-07-2012, 05:09 PM.
                    Dan

R.I.P.
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Sux, but at least they called you to save you the trip. New tanks are cheap at Rock Auto too.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                        Of course, I havent been attacked by any wild animals...
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Put down some hard cash today on a B6 !!!! Yea!

Just happened to show up on the computer of an import salvage yard today.
                          83,000 miles - $450 - from an 89 Tracer. Has to be shipped in
                          Should get it friday.

Finally! :eeeeeek: Keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                          That just gives me the creeps! lol
                          Last edited by drddan; 04-09-2012, 05:41 PM.
                          Dan

R.I.P.
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Working...
                          X