Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly the closest thing to a Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly the closest thing to a Festiva?

Was looking at new european cars, and found this, the Skoda Citygo. I REALLY like the looks of this; very clean but stylish. Possibly IMO the best looking really small car out there these days. It's about the same size as a Festy too, at about 140". A shame we can't get it here.
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Oooh. Want.drool
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Skodas were brought to Canada 30 years ago, along with Lladas. And most of them disappeared by the end of their second winter. Both were vehicles with decidedly deciduous parts.

Comment

Skoda is now owned by VW, so I'm sure they're lots better now.
        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
        Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
          Skoda is now owned by VW, so I'm sure they're lots better now.
          You're correct! That is in fact a rebodied VW Lupo!
          I certainly like the design. MUCH better than the glorified minivan noses that Scion is selling:

Last edited by DriverOne; 04-08-2012, 12:28 AM.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

If in fact Skoda and VW are in cahoots that would explain the European styling instead of the previous ugly East Bloc designers and engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
              You're correct! That is in fact a rebodied VW Lupo!
              Actually, it's a re-bodied VW UP! (UP! is the name of the car, complete with the exclamation point) However the styling of the Skoda is much better than the UP!
              Mark S.

Comment

Wow. Let's go to Britain and ask people if that's their UP! "Hey, is that UP! yours?" Hahahaha
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                X