88 Carby Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Carby Mileage

Just wondering what kind of mileage people are getting with their stock 88 4speeds.

38 Winter, 42 Summer. Once got 46.

Comment

Mines a 5 speed and I range from 37-43. I got 51 in it once with just the driver seat in and driving it very carefully, haha

Comment

I'm getting 35ish in mine. Granted I've only filled it up twice
        88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
        92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
        91 - Shell with title
        92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

I got 25 consistently with my 89. I think the headgasket was blown though...
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

25-28 in town depending on how i beat it, and 35 highway (this is attached to a B6 mind you).
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I usually got about 35-37 around town, and at least 43-44 highway, but usually about 47 highway. Once got 57 mpg highway.
              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
              Mark S.

Comment

I used to average 34mpg. I'm down to 30 now, but my compression is low and I drive it harder than I used to.

I drive sport style in my 'Festarossa' just for fun, I try to go for economy in the xFI Metro.
                '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Averaged 42. No exhaust from the cat back, and driving it like I stole it when I felt like it. It was also pretty much junk at the point I bought it from an old guy.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

denguy wrote:
                    Just wondering what kind of mileage people are getting with their stock 88 4speeds.
                    //////////////
                    deathegg wrote:
                    I usually got about 35-37 around town, and at least 43-44 highway, but usually about 47 highway. Once got 57 mpg highway.
                    //////////////////
                    litesong wrote:
                    Presently, I get the mpg that deathegg gets, AFTER I switched to 100% ethanol-free gasoline. When I was on 10% ethanol blends(any brand), I averaged 42mpg year-round, with a high of 53mpg. With 10% ethanol blends, Festiva is a bit rougher, noisier & wasn't as powerful as when using 100% ethanol-free gasoline.

Go to pure-gas.org to find the minority of 5000+ stations(10 in every 350) that sell 100% pure gasoline without the 10% ethanol blend.

Comment

Working...
                    X