Gas price in Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas price in Finland

Well I figured out why there are so many small cars here....

gas works out to be about $8.33 a gallon in US dollars!!
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Oh yeah...saw a cool Smart brand sports car...reminded of a modern version of the old school Opel GT....no chance for pics.
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

My friends from Europe say that small cars like Festivas are far more common over there and in other parts of the world compared to America.

And I can't imagine fuel being $8/gallon here. I thought $4 was bad, haha.

Comment

According to a converter , we are at 1,47/l which means 5,56/us gal.

Comment

Quebecers perpetually get hosed at the pump. Likely from still trying to pay off the Olympics and Stadium from 1976. In Ottawa it's $1.30/l which is $5.90/ Imperial gallon or $4.97 US gallon.

Comment

Just to think a couple years from now we will be thinking man was gas sooo cheap a couple years ago....
            1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
            1991 Manual Ford Festiva
            1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              Quebecers perpetually get hosed at the pump. Likely from still trying to pay off the Olympics and Stadium from 1976. In Ottawa it's $1.30/l which is $5.90/ Imperial gallon or $4.97 US gallon.
              That thing is paid long time ago hehe.

But theres so much hidden taxes in the gas price , its not even funny. It must be the price to pay to have a free health system. I think health and education gobs up half of the money coming in GVT.

Comment

"free health system". I always laugh when I hear that .... !

Comment

Originally posted by Lannis View Post
                  "free health system". I always laugh when I hear that .... !
                  I dont know why you do , its actually free. No insurance needed - treatments are all free , from cancer to a simple blood test. The only thing not free is the pills when you are sent home. But even that the gvt pays like 80% of them when you are on a medium/low income.

You go to the emergency for whatever reasons , free. Heart surgury , free. Its a pretty good thing I think.

Well we all know its not free in the end cause we pay it in taxes and stuff , but when you use it you are pretty happy that you dont have to sell your house when something bad happens.

Comment

It comes down to - "Is health care a right or a priviledge?" When it's you or your family, I 'll take a guess which one.

Comment

Hmm, it's old topic, but still..

How someone from here have looked or even thinked what does our gas pay?
                      Kinda funny.
                      Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
                      It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

Working...
                      X