horn wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horn wire?

so im changing the horn in my 91 festiva and i notice why the old horn doesnt work..... its not hooked up.... but i cant find the wires to hook it up. so can any one explain to me where the wire would come from to so i caan jus connect the new horn and remount it in a more convenient place
    ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

There should be one wire hanging near the horn. The horn bolt is the ground.

Comment

yeah it should be in a perfect world! but its no where to be found...... i traced it all the way from the stearing columb to where it should drop down but thats where i lose it..... so frustrated is it safe to cut the wire and straight wire it?
      ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

cway, it's easy to lose it right by the headlight. I had to fish for a while to find mine. It should be bundled up in there somewhere. Oh yeah, it might help to mention that some Festivas have one horn, others have two. Which side are you looking on?
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

its on the passenger side but by loose it i mean only 3 wires drop and go to head light and blinker... no others.... i know its the solid green wire is it safe to cut it and wire the horn that way
          ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

If you can't find the end, I wouldn't cut it, but pick up some of those universal crimp connectors so that if you ever DO find the end of it, you can use that... Otherwise, snip away.
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

ok sweeet thanks for the verifacation being a DIYSer not a mechanic i like to check.. hopefully it goes welll! thanks again
              ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

Pics!

Comment

pics of what? the new horn?
                  ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

Yeah! I have a Ford Ranger horn on my car.

Comment

Well im sure mine is ntn impressive
                      ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

I have hooked up two horns(low and high note) on my 3, I like the way Subaru horns sound (loud) and the connector is the same.
                        186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
                        1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
                        1992 aqua L (agua)
                        1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

well no pics at the moment but after getting the wires all set hooking up the ground......... stilll nothing took the stearing wheal apart..... it was un plugged pluged it in.. puth the stearin wheal back on realized y they unplugged it.. never stops beeeppiiinnnggg. then notice the idiot put the plate in upside down all fixed now! thanks driverone!
                          ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

I got the high tone out of a 86 fleetwood. It's impressive. I like having all the spare threaded holes throughout the engine bay to mount things on
                            Owner of:
                            1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                            In progress:
                            BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Yes the holes do help I put a blazer universal horn in it sounds decent wish th low tone was a little lower though
                              ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

Working...
                              X