Is this a good deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal

Ok so I've been looking for a parts car for a while because I have a few festivas and they each need some things some major some not like my 93 needs a motor my 91 needs a gas tank my 88 has a broken strut and the rear beam is kinda rusty and my 92 needs numerous little odds an ends so I tell you that to ask this a friend of mine wants to sell me his wrecked 2 door aspire I believe it is a 95 se it has been hit fairly hard in the passenger door still runs and drives and it has 93,000 miles on it I can pick the car up for 300 my question is will this car work for most of the big parts I need secondly is this too much for a wrecked parts car I know alot of parts are interchangeable but I know almost nothing about aspires
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

The motor can work (will need Festiva intake manifold though), the gas tank works, and you could use the whole brake/suspension setup on the one with bad struts/beam, assuming none of the suspension on the aspire was damaged in the wreck. As for little odds and ends, well most of the underhood stuff can be useful, but the whole shell and interior of the car, well, not going to help much on a festiva. But $300 is about scrap price (at least around here) so get it, strip is, and scrap the shell for probably around $200 (without motor/trans). At least thats what I'd do, should get 3 out of the 4 of your cars back on the road at least~!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

That's what I was thinking no none of the suspension was damaged in the wreck scrap is 190 a ton here plus I know the car and the driver and I know it was taken care of
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Ive got some gas tanks Id sell. $50 They are already removed and in great shape.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Thanks Marcus if this deal falls through or if the tank happens to be rusty I will definitely be interested

Comment

Ive got several rear torsion beams as well. Just took one off of a car today.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

For a parts Aspire with good suspension $300 sounds just fine. You'll get at least half that back in scrap metal price and maybe more if you can find folks who want Aspire parts you can sell them.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
              X