Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question On Rims

Hello festiva people,

I have been trying to find some alloy's for my festi, Here in AUS there is a wheel maker called "Performance Wheels" Now the size of the wheel's are 13x5.5, 114.3, My standard wheel's on my festi are 13X4.5, "AUS MODEL".

Now would the extra Inch in width cause any rubbing issues?

It look's like a nice set of wheel's that will suit the shape of the car

And also from the extra width of the rim, Would it be possible to still fit the original 165/65/R13 Size Tyres on them?

Thank's

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good day, mate!

What's the offset or backspacing of this wheel?

Most likely it will fit, and yes, the original size tire would fit on this. It looks cool!
    Last edited by BigElCat; 04-25-2012, 09:13 PM.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
      Good day, mate!

What's the offset or backspacing of this wheel?

Most likely it will fit, and yes, the original size tire would fit on this. It looks cool!
      Size STUD P O/SET "MM" B/SPACE"MM" PCD

13X5.5 4,5 19P 100 95-114.3

Comment

Are you saying all you characters below the equator have OEM 13's on your 88-93 Festys?

Some of us Canadians (we too are metric) are going to have to start soliciting your version of metric tach clusters so that the Aspire swappers can retain accurate speed and odometers when they graduate out of the OEM 12s up here.

I wonder if the actual gearing on Aussie cars is different from n. Americans.

Comment

Yes we all have 13z on our festivas standard

I Think the gearing is shorter, When im in 5th on the freeway im sitting at 2750rpm at 100kmp/h (60Mph).

VERY short 1st gear to lol

Comment

The rims look like a cheap knockoff of miata daiseys to me.. what's the centerbore on those, the pattern looks more like a 4x100 if its 54.1mm
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

zoom zoom, Minilites go waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back, the old austin Mini's ran them in the 60's, Ford Mustangs ran them in in the old Trans Am series of the late 60's.

Miata Daisy's are the cheap knockoffs.
              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Yep, and Daisies are 7 spoke, minilites are 8. Plus Daisies have a flat polished section in the midle of each spoke.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

"Superlite" is not "Minilite." Two different companies. Superlites are copies of Minilites, but I don't know if AUS Superlite is associated with the Superlites made in the UK, or if there are two different places they're made to begin with.

Added: I think Superlite is all one company. Here is their site:

They do look nice and I'm sure they're quite good enough quality.

Ahhh, Minilite's site:

Originally designed for the Austin Mini. So there.

U.S. Minilite distributor's backspace calculator:

That's Targett Motorsports in Akron, OH.

Karl
                  Last edited by Safety Guy; 04-26-2012, 09:23 AM.
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yeah, but that's like calling them Kleenex vs. tissues. Ansen made the first slot mags but most know them as US Slots, which would be the equivalent of Superlite.
                    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                    2005 Accord - wife's DD
                    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I emailed Targett for a quote on some 13 X 6" Minilites.

$900.

I was thinking maybe around $700 or so...

I'd love to have some, but I doubt they are lighter than say, 5 pounds each which might justify my having to buy them.

Plus, they would be the perfect thief bait, wheel locks or not. To anyone recognizing them as real Minilites the whole car would be in jeopardy!! With 9# Honda VXs, 10# Miata BBSs, and 12# Miata other choices available, there is just no justification for me.

Not to mention a horrid case of curb rash, or worse, a bad accident that would take out one or two wheels. This is why I don't generally want the expensive foreign Pride/121 parts, because one "minor" fender bender could demolish $4-700 worth of parts.

Not when plain old American spec parts are relatively cheap.

I got my Miata seven (solid) spokes (11.6# each) for $60, and drove less than a mile to go get them! Talk about "cost effective!"

For $900, Minilites would have to LIGHTEN up the REST of my car to the tune of maybe a hundred pounds, and add a little horsepower to boot, to be competitive.

Karl

Comment

There are also 1st gen CRX wheels that fall in the sub 10lb category (4x100 bolt) in 13x5"

Comment

Thanks Christ. What do those 1st gen CRX wheels look like, in case I ever run across any?

I know Honda made 14 X 5" wheels too, but I don't know their weight.

Minilites are gorgeous though. I'd love to have a set of 13 X 6" with 195/55-13 tires!!

Karl

Comment

I believe they were 1985 US CRX Si only... after 1985, they went to the 14x5" "phone dial" wheels, considerably more ugly, and about 13lbs each (yuck).

The wheels I had on my Civic were the '85 Si wheels. I'll try to find a pic.

Mine were painted white over purple to match the car I was rebuilding at the time.
                            Last edited by Christ; 04-27-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Those are NICE!

The Honda "phone dials" are much sought after but I don't like them. At 13# they aren't that tempting either.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                              X