My 3rd Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3rd Aspire

Picking up another Aspire next week. A white 1995, like my other two! This one is a beater tho; non-SE, auto tranny that seems to need some work, body a little rough, needs windshield and tires, but absolutely no rust, surprisingly. Motor runs well and it does go down the road, but I'm just driving it home (~2 miles on city streets). Costing me $300. Gonna be a summer project car. Might keep it as the winter beater, or flip it once I check everything out and make it safe and reliable.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Good deal, you have access to any jy auto trannies? It's easier and just as cheap to put a good used one in than rebuild one.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

The prob is finding one that works. The tranny might be why it's in the yard. But I guess if they give me a 30-day warranty it's all good. I'm gonna pull this tranny and open it up, mainly as a learning experience.

Can anyone recommend a good book or online tutorial on auto tranny repair?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

if you need a known good trans Tom, i have one that i have no intention of using.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          if you need a known good trans Tom, i have one that i have no intention of using.
          Awesome! What do you want for it? Bring it with you to our meet, and we can deduct it from the price of your Aspire.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 3rd Aspire has 137xxx showing on the odo.
          Last edited by TominMO; 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

i should mention that this is a festy auto trans (though i doubt it makes a differance), and you'll want to keep your locking converter from the aspire for those amazing auto MPGs... :/

i'll PM you with the "details"
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I bought my first aspire last week. This one has seen it's last days as a road worthy car though. Parts of it (suspension and brakes) will hopefully live on in my festiva. There's not gonna be much left worth anything, but if there is something you need, shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whackasmallball View Post
                I bought my first aspire last week. This one has seen it's last days as a road worthy car though. Parts of it (suspension and brakes) will hopefully live on in my festiva. There's not gonna be much left worth anything, but if there is something you need, shoot me a PM.
                Thanks for the offer....might think of something. What color is it? What year? How are the body panels, seats, carpet, etc? I do need a jack and lug wrench, come to think of it. Auto or manual?

Disaster preparedness

Comment

It's manual. Probably will try to use the driveline too. The jack and tire tools are yours. Interior is trashed... horribly. Exterior has a shoddy repaint. No a/c, good windows, rear defrost, mirrors, grill. That's about it! lol
                  Last edited by Skrapbob; 04-26-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

It's manual. Probably will try to use the driveline too. The jack and tire tools are yours. Interior is trashed... horribly.
                    Thanks! This interior isn't all that special either.... Year, color, what radio? Might want that too, if stock.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

sorry to jack your thread. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42675

Comment

All good.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

OK, now I'm thinking that it will cost me a bunch of $$ to bring this Aspire back from the edge. Like about $1500 or so to do it right, maybe $1200 if I cut some corners--JY tires, cheaper battery, etc. This car needs a lot, and I have to figure there are hidden things I don't know about that need attention: brakes, steering, suspension. IF I buy it, it will be to get some stuff off it and part out good things like the motor and the brake swap.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                          X