Festiva Key Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Key Question

Thought you might enjoy this one, so....my Dad bought my hubby a Festiva to drive back and forth to school in! Well, today Jared (my hubby) was in class...went to his car to come home and his key, the only key was missing from his pocket!!!!!! He had to leave it there, it's still there. Got any ideas how he can get another key? Lol, otherwise....Akron University just got a new piece of artwork
    She leaves her footprints in the sand...HKV!
    Tiffany Litke :angel13:

mine starts with a flat head screwdriver
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Vin # to Ford Dealer. Pull a door lock and take to locksmith. Slidehammer in the switch and use a screwdriver. Jumper the switch. Have everyone on the Forum send you a spare key and see if one works.
      Last edited by hotfordcat; 04-26-2012, 10:11 PM.
      Chuck
      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
      If money will fix it, it's not broken
      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
      93 GL - Lil Red
      91 L - Tweetystiva
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Have Hamburglar send you a key from Casper. That key would open and start the most Festys ever.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

try other festiva keys! usually the cylinders are so warn most of the same keys work. My 3 festiva can use any of the door keys from either one. As for the ignition key it has to be specific to that car.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
            try other festiva keys! usually the cylinders are so warn most of the same keys work. My 3 festiva can use any of the door keys from either one. As for the ignition key it has to be specific to that car.
            Not necessarily true on the ignition key. Many Festy keys will operate my Festy's ignition lock, because it is so worn.

I use a key from a 92 Capri as my backup if I lock my Festy key in the car. (I think it's from that car, which I found in a JY, because the key was in it.) It will open the doors, so I can get to the Festy key. Also, Festys are very easy to break into; you just need to fish a coat-hanger with a 90-degree bend down to the bottom of the door lock button, and pop it up.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

As long as it hasn't been changed, the passenger door lock has the number on it that locksmiths need to make a new ignition key.
              (paperboy 23) 88 Festy Blue, aspire Engine/trans/efi swap,

Comment

Originally posted by Occhty View Post
                As long as it hasn't been changed, the passenger door lock has the number on it that locksmiths need to make a new ignition key.
                ^^^^^^ bingo!!!!!! (this is the legitimate answer)
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  ^^^^^^ bingo!!!!!! (this is the legitimate answer)
                  Exactly! Take the number to a locksmith. They are legally supposed to make you produce the title too.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Okie dokie...thanks guys!
                    She leaves her footprints in the sand...HKV!
                    Tiffany Litke :angel13:

Comment

After some Bozo broke into my house and stole the keys to 7 of my Festies, I started getting new keys made from the 4-digit code on the passenger side door. I've not once been asked for title info.
                      88L black, dailydriver
                      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                      4 88/89 disassembled
                      91L green
                      91GL aqua pwrsteer
                      92GL red a/c reardmg
                      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                        Exactly! Take the number to a locksmith. They are legally supposed to make you produce the title too.
                        Is this a local/state law, or federal? Granted, I haven't searched for anything of the kind specifically, but I don't remember coming across anything federally that refers to the need to produce proof of ownership for a keysmith.

Comment

I only had one key and it would only open drivers side door and start the car but you could pull it out of the ignition while it was on. I did'nt like that so I took the cylinder from the hatchback to my locksmith so he could see if it was a different keyed cylinder. It turned out he went by the year of the car and with a code card made me two new keys that work on the whole car and don't come out of the ignition. All for twenty bucks. Good luck!

Comment

I have a bunch of keys we can try.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

Working...
                            X