Festiva Carbon Steel Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Carbon Steel Hood

Okay...it's a stock hood. We refer to regular steel as carbon steel at work to differentiate it from other types of steel (ie stainless). Steel is iron mixed with carbon.

I stripped it to bare, had it primed and color coated dark gray. It's not the perfect color for a red Festiva, but the paint is high quality and well done (at no cost).

I'll post an after pic later, it's already back on the car.

FYI...the stock Festiva hood weighs 23 lbs.

Here's a pic of the hood almost bare. I finished sanding with 400 grit. It was really shiny!

'88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Looking good. How many washer spray nozzles are you putting on there; looks like you've got 3 holes.

Comment

^^^My original broke and I couldn't source a replacement. I bought a universal kit for $20, with two nozzles. The angle was way too low, it took some rigging.

If I ever run across a nice original, I'll fill the holes. The new paint is sweet, no pics yet.
      '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

I believe I have an original on a junk hood. If it can get it off, I'll send it to you. I think I have the hoses as well.
        1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
        1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
        1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
        2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
        2005 Accord - wife's DD
        2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

i have 1 sprayer minus the hoses. if youd like
          ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

Thanks Larry and CWAY. I'll pm CWAY since it sounds like his nozzle's already off the hood.

The hood looks really good for just one color coat. I snapped a pic tonight but it turned out really poor. I'll try again in the day light.

I post a pic here of the paint I'm going to use on the rest of the car (someday, if things go as planned). It's a medium blue, real close to Ford blue, like seen on old 8N tractors. It will look custom and contrast the hood really nice.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

I thought 8Ns were gray and red, and the 9Ns were Ford Ag blue?
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I don't have one, or I've misplaced it.
                1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                2005 Accord - wife's DD
                2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                X