another BP G series/hydro festy on the road +intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another BP G series/hydro festy on the road +intro

well i've only been a member for six years figured id show my new festy and a little intro.

i just took my swapped festy for its maiden voyage with the new BP motor. its gonna be fun.
    i come from a long line of car idiots and hotrod guys, i've been into all things mechanical since i was a young lad. I knew how to fix cars before i could even drive them.

Some of the cars i've owned are a 93 mr2 turbo, 76 datsun 280z, 76 ford bronco, 78 ford f250, 84 mazda rx7, 88 mazda rx7 with a chevy v8 and powerglide, 91 eagle summit with a 4g63 and AWD swap, and a subaru justy but cant remember the year. i've helped build several 20's and 30's fords with my dad, and helped build up tons of friends cars too. i dont know why i like this filthy hobby, but i do.

How i came to own this festiva is kinda interesting. Long story short, my wife and i decided to change our lives and start over. We were in alot of debt and barely making it, new house, new cars, wedding in hawaii, etc. So we gave up all our stuff (including my newly finished 350 hp 4g63 and AWD swapped eagle summit) and moved into a 1 bedroom apartment to save money. during these 3 years of scrimping and saving every time i would see a festiva or geo metro i would tell the wife, "one day im gonna make one of those fast."
    Well being the awesome wife she is, her and my brother snuck away while i was at work one day and bought this 93 festiva from a guy 2 hours away and surprised me by having it parked out front of my work when i left for the day. I was thrilled.

anyways enough about my nonsense heres a few pics.

donor protege, unknown no-start problem.

heres why...

almost out.

other than the shredded timing belt, it looks awesome.

shot it with some OD green paint and fixed the timing belt and new water pump.

stock B3, this thing leaked soooo much oil but ran awesome. 180,000 miles exactly at time of pullout.

out she comes
    my pal Jason helping re-wire some stuff.

first test fit

after several weeks of building motor mounts and such its coming together. if you look close you can see my remote mounted hydraulic clutch reservoir.

here she is, in all her crappy awesomeness.

and for fun heres a pic of my old eagle summit 4g63 swapped, and AWD swapped and 5 lug swapped, and sold...

thats enough..
    Last edited by turbokid; 04-30-2012, 11:07 PM.
    "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Can you share pics of your mounts & what you did to the intermediate shaft?

Next step is a 4wd festiva
    rusEfi - DIY ECU
    93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

i'll see what i have pics of, i didnt snap pics of everything.

i thought about a AWD festy but honestly mazda drivetrains are kinda weak and the AWD stuff is expensive. the DSM stuff is super easy to find. i got that AWD tranny,transfer case and entire rear subframe for 200 bucks.

Comment

Depending on how you do it, Mazda AWD parts aren't expensive

Good to hear you got the BP up and going, you'll enjoy it :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Got any pictures of your cable to hydro link ?
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
            Got any pictures of your cable to hydro link ?
            I don't but I can snap whatever you like. What I did was eliminate the festiva cable all together and mounted a clutch master to the firewall ran a rod through to the clutch pedal, and because the space down there is so tight I used a brake fluid reservoir from a bullet bike and mounted it remotely. Then that runs to the factory protege slave cylinder.

Comment

Festy developed a pretty bad hesitation under full throttle. Feels like I'm dragging an Abrams tank behind me. Part throttle seems ok. Any common things to look for? Checked for vacuum leaks, found 1 around the intake mani, think I got it fixed. Gonna get new plugs wires cap and rotor . Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X