Gumsphere 300 update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumsphere 300 update!

If you haven't heard of Gumsphere 300, it's a road-show festival this summer that a friend, my brother and I are organizing. We're traveling in 8 Festivas with 3 bands, 4 artists, a film crew, a sound guy, and maybe a cook. At a show per night, we're hitting up 30 cities in North America in 30 days! We've got a lot of work still to do (4 EGTs in the garage waiting for swaps, amongst general repairs) but we're making headway!

You can follow us on Twitter @Gumsphere300
    Or follow our progress on our website at www.gumsphere300.com

We'll have dates, locations and bands up soon, we promise! Meanwhile, you can follow our Festiva progress.

Oh and if any of you in Western Canada (or anywhere in North America I guess) have some spare clean headlight assemblies you would like to donate / sell cheap to us, that would be sooo appreciated! It's not easy to find assemblies for 8 cars in short periods of time.

AF

Why'd you scrap that beautiful van!! Could've used that van, we have a '77 Sportsman.. good engine, bad body.

Hate.

But best of luck on your tour!

~Spike
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I know it was tough. I tried to sell it in Calgary but no one ever made a call. The propane system needed work (wouldn't start) and it had an old transmission that couldn't top 75km/h, so it was hard to sell it...
      Wish I had known though, I would have sold it to you. It always hurts scrapping cars.

thanks for the wishes

Comment

Are you going to be around for Westiva on July 14th? It would be awesome to have a number of Gumsphere Festivas in attendance

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Oh and if any of you in Western Canada (or anywhere in North America I guess) have some spare clean headlight assemblies you would like to donate / sell cheap to us, that would be sooo appreciated! It's not easy to find assemblies for 8 cars in short periods of time.
          It's amazing what an aftermarket set of Ranger headlights will do. Add a set of driving lights and some Plasma glow bulbs and you'll have a parking lot baseball field.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

You did keep the wing off #6, right? You can make $150 hear selling it pretty easily.
            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Sounds like fun! I'll be checking back to see if y'all are hitting up Atlanta or Athens out here on the eastern side of the country!
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Oh yeah we kept the wing And it will be going right on one of the BP swaps.
                Keeping things sporty!
                It's unofficial, but I'll let this unofficial cat out of the bag: Atlanta's in the books.
                I just checked out pictures of Daniel Cogar's Ranger setup. Looks nice. We'll most likely use this for some of our cars, thanks! This must be a new discovery right?

Comment

We'll do our best to make the Atlanta date. Should be able to show some festy love by bringing at least two of our cars maybe all three.
                  Last edited by htchbck; 05-06-2012, 10:28 AM.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Awesome! Oh and Fastivaca we'll still be around at that time, but the festival starts soon after. In other words we might be incredibly busy. If we can though, we will try and bring as many of our cars as possible!

Comment

If you come anywhere near NorthEast Missouri I will be there.
                      Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

I think our closest dates to N.E. Missouri will be Chicago or Minneapolis. But things could change!

Comment

Our 7th festiva! Details: http://gumsphere300.com/2012/05/17/t...are-loving-us/ and it's our first LX!

Comment

Nice find on the LX! Once you guys get your checkpoints set up, be sure to post a map with the anticipated route. I'm sure plenty of us would be interested in hooking up along the way to any nearby stops.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                            91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                            92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                            95 Grand Prix SE DD
                            Wife's Stuff:
                            89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                            97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                            Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

Terrible news:

Gumsphere 300 has been denied work Visas to the U.S. for the tour, resulting in a full cancellation of this year's program.

This is shocking news, and it has completely gutted us. We worked closely with U.S. immigration officials at every step of the Visa application process and we had the endorsement of the AFM. No real explanation for the decision has been given - apparently sometimes bands apply and are rejected, then reapply and are accepted in a matter of months!

We're currently looking at rescheduling the tour for next year, but in the meantime we'll be returning your anyone's generous Indiegogo donation. We are working with Indiegogo to get this done in a reasonable time frame.

More news to come soon. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this unforeseen cancellation.

We still have a warehouse full of Festivas, so at least there's that!

Comment

Working...
                              X