relay location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relay location

i need to know the location(s) of the relay(s) because my battery has been draining over night so i hooked a testlight between my battery cable and the positive terminal and pulled all my fuses and light stayed on and pulled my fusible links stayed on except my MAIN link so i need to know the locations of the relay(S) i believe i have a bad o stuck realy
    thanks for looking
    89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

the main relay is behind the driver side headlight as well as the headlight relay and factory AC relays (if you have them)

i noticed you didn't mention the test results of your battery...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

All of the other relays are on a relay tree tucked way up under the dash above the fuse box.

Comment

Battery and altenator is brand new i checked the relays on strut tower and there good now to crawl under dash
        89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

Originally posted by newcomb View Post
          Battery and altenator is brand new i checked the relays on strut tower and there good now to crawl under dash
          How do you know they're good?

Comment

Read first post again

Comment

Originally posted by newcomb View Post
              Read first post again
              Read it. Still don't know how you test relays.

Comment

well left my battery unhooked over night and hookked up this morning and it fried the main fusible link bought another one and hooked batery up and fried it

Comment

It wasn't doing that before, go back over where you were last checking
                  something must be touching ground.
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

found;0 alternator wire touchin alternator

Comment

With the alt wire corrected, is it still draining the batt?

Comment

guy at autozone (worked at ford from 85 to 2001 and he said he worked on festivas alot and he told me how to test the regulator in it and it checked out good

Comment

Problem solved my wire going to alt the constant was grounding out nothing 2 quarter inch firewall gtoments couldnt fix

Comment

Working...
                          X