Stolen wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen wheels

So, I was at my friends apartment in Chicago the other day and came upon something I never thought I'd actually see. They live in a nice neighborhood. Apparently this is happening all over the country with the Fits. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this or had it happen to them? I'm just hoping my 13's are too small for someone to want badly enough to steal.

lol they couldn't even leave the guy with real cinder blocks, had to leave wally world small patio wall bricks!
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

lol - one of my friends at school has a Fit - showed him this, he said "Good thing we are in Kentucky!!"
      "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

I was at a party one time in an apartment complex. It was a friend of mines g/f apartment we came out to leave and her wheels were gone off her car. I was like really, they take wheels from stock cars is that even worth getting caught? I see them on Craigslist all the time for $300 bucks doesn't sounds worth it to me.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Can't believe them Fits have 16s!

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
            Can't believe them Fits have 16s!
            Simple and cheap has been forgotten, sadly. Take solace in knowing it's "progress". Or so they say.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

lol Ive seen a couple where they didnt even bother putting it up on blocks

What kind criminals you have there in chicago
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Hey! I'm missing some cinder blocks just like those.
                '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

from what ive heard stock fit wheels are pretty popular with being stolen, i dont have a clue why tho. I remember one day i was in a not so great neighborhood and seeing a new caddy on blocks

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Brand New Honda Fit 2007-2008 16" x 6.5" Factory OEM Stock Wheels Rims SET at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Because all the guys with eg and teg guys love them....

In a 16" inch combo with tires would run a grand if you had to buy them.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                      lol they couldn't even leave the guy with real cinder blocks, had to leave wally world small patio wall bricks!
                      When you're in business, you have to control your overhead....... even when its someone else's overhead.
                      Last edited by litesong; 05-25-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

When I did my first suspension swap I also got McGard wheel lock studs. For old scraped up VW alloys! I was paranoid. Still am, those locks are on my Estrellas with the Falkens.

Better safe than sorry!

I'll be getting another lock set when I begin running another new-ish set of tires and wheels.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                        X