Festiva door latches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva door latches

Are there two different types of manual door latches?
    You have to hold the passenger door handle up when you close the door after you push the door lock down. If you don't, the door lock pops open again. You do not have to do this with the driver's door. I see no visible difference between the locks. How does everyone else's doors close after locking? Do you have to hold the handle while closing or not?

mine doesn't do that
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

My 323 has latches like that... "FEATURE" to prevent locking your keys in the car. "ANNOYING" is the name I have for it.
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

One of mine did that also.. really annoying..
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

That is strange, that the door latches behave differently on each side. I really don't care anymore, since I installed remote power door locks. I just asking if anyone else has encountered this problem.

Comment

I do believe that is a 88-89 thing.
            -Josh R

Comment

My 89 I have now doesn't do it. Other one I had that did it was a 89 I believe.
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Would anyone know what to modify to prevent having to hold the handle?

Comment

Working...
                X