Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the post about bumming got me to thinking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the post about bumming got me to thinking....

I do my best (and worst) thinking while driving the festy aimlessly through the back country roads so you can say the results of this posts was caused by the festiva.

I ve' done this more often than the incident I'm posting on this am. I have never told anybody because I didn't want any pats on the back . I think that if I do something nice for a complete stranger and then tell about it then it puts your intentions into play. that is why no one - not even my wife knows. my intentions on revealing it now are only to see if I can "pass it on" as it were. so here goes.

the other day I was getting wheels ballanced on the aspire and went to the local W. house for a cup. an elderly couple came in with a granddaughter (I assume) about 10 yo. you could tell they were having a little problem, with the way they were acting. the girl was obviously upset - probably nothing if you know how kids are.

anyway I saw their waitress take them their food and I called her over. I told her to bring me their bill. I paid it and told her to not say anything untill they were ready to leave. I took a napkin and wrote these words; "this is just a random act of kindness - pass it on and leave a nice tip ) the bill was $23 and I gave her $25

I don't do this everytime I eat out. I feel its the Holy Spirit leading me but for you athiests I'll say it's the little voice inside my head. LOL it just comes to me as I'm observing people sometimes. its out of the blue.

my only thought on even telling you guys is that we have members all over the US and abroad and I was thinking what if some of you in the differant locales started doing this? I heard that phrase "randon act of kindness" from someone who did something nice and was being interveiwed by a reporter and they said that everywhere you look there are random acts of violence so why not raok? so I took that and thought it over and came up with the restaurant thing.

the reason I like that is if you think about it who eats at the Waffle house? locals mixed with travelers, if its off the inerstate. what better place to spread kindness like a cancer(lol)? I figure w/in minutes of me leaving the whole place is hearing about it. where ever those people go they will tell others about the W house thing at least for a day or 2. all 3 shifts at the W'house will know about it and pass it on to the other customers and there families. 'guess what this guy did in here today, etc". thats the bigger picture I have in mind. the best places for me to do this is when I'm out of town so I can keep it anonomous.

now the old couple might have been millionairs for all I know - its up to "karma" or the Holy Spirit depending on you beliefs as to what grows from the seed of un-solicited kindness. and the warm fuzzy is always a good perk.

if any one here decides to try this I promise you the $25 will feel well spent.

or if you can come up with anything similarly differant (HEHE) tell us about it.

I only do this about 5-6 times a year at most so I ain't no big phrenologist:p
    Last edited by loknlode; 06-08-2012, 10:05 AM.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

"Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

I can honestly say that kind of "random act of kindness" is something I could see myself doing one day when I have some extra money, I can't see myself doing it often though but maybe once in a blue moon lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I see this now as a teenager and hope to be able to do it later in life.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Yep feels good, and it does comeback to you in His (or 'it's' if you're an athiest) good time. I'm poor so I don't get to give money very often, but I do get to stop and help folks with their vehicle whenever my wife let's me lol.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

The Jews call it a mitzvah, and some follow the guideline of trying to do at least one every day. Instant karma too--doing good is its own reward.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I personally will help anyone with anything as long as they have the "will" to wanna do to it themselves

So if someone is too lazy to get a job and asks me for money, the answer is no everytime, but someone who works hard and still struggles, that's the kind of person I'd help out

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

To a Fellow Christian

It is like a breath of fresh air on here, (FORD FESTIVA.COM), to hear of
                an act like this that it makes me feel blessed to hear it. I praise the Lord
                for your listening to the Holy Spirit. A deed that will be repaid by Christ
                Himself.......and Storing up your treasure's in heaven as Christ commanded.

Thanks for sharing this story

jokoza57
                2Cor 5:17
                "For God so loved the world that he gave his
                only begotten son, that whosoever believes in
                him should not parish, but have everlasting life."

Comment

I saw that before and I thought then as now that those things (except for the coffee mug moving) I'd do or would do anyway w/o giving it a second thought.

guess I take it for granted that others would do any of those thing too.

once about 10 years ago I was going somewhere and I saw a car on the road side w/a flat. no ones with the car. I look at it and its looks ok so I get the air pump out and try it and the tire pumps up and is holding air.

I'm thinking the guy will come back with a friend to get it and can only imagine the look on his face when he turns to his ride and says " I swear it was flat a few minutes ago" and his bud says something like "sure, I guess somebody just came along and changed your tire for you, yeah right".

anyway the guy comes back by himself in another car before I'm done. he gets out of the car and quickly proceeds to tell me harshly "I ain't paying you for doing that" at which point I said "I don't recall asking you for anything" smiling as I cut the pump off , put his cap back on said have a great day as I was walking back to my car. got in my car, waived and left. he never said another word - not even TY.

made me wonder how anybody with such a P poor attitude gets through the day w/o flingin themselves off the nearest bridge? sounds like the kinda guy that hits the lotto for 500 and complains it wasn't 1000.

Comment

Hatch - you're one of the richest guys I know - trust me on this.

and 57; I don't listen enough - the glory IS His. I was born in 57. karma? lol, I doubt it.
                    Last edited by loknlode; 06-08-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loknlode View Post
                      I saw that before and I thought then as now that those things (except for the coffee mug moving) I'd do or would do anyway w/o giving it a second thought.

guess I take it for granted that others would do any of those thing too.

once about 10 years ago I was going somewhere and I saw a car on the road side w/a flat. no ones with the car. I look at it and its looks ok so I get the air pump out and try it and the tire pumps up and is holding air.

I'm thinking the guy will come back with a friend to get it and can only imagine the look on his face when he turns to his ride and says " I swear it was flat a few minutes ago" and his bud says something like "sure, I guess somebody just came along and changed your tire for you, yeah right".

anyway the guy comes back by himself in another car before I'm done. he gets out of the car and quickly proceeds to tell me harshly "I ain't paying you for doing that" at which point I said "I don't recall asking you for anything" smiling as I cut the pump off , put his cap back on said have a great day as I was walking back to my car. got in my car, waived and left. he never said another word - not even TY.

made me wonder how anybody with such a P poor attitude gets through the day w/o flingin themselves off the nearest bridge? sounds like the kinda guy that hits the lotto for 500 and complains it wasn't 1000.
                      We never know how our actions will affect people. This act of kindness might have been just the thing he needed to help straighten him out.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                      X