speedometer - dash cluster options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer - dash cluster options?

Need more than 85 mph on my speedometer, are there any plug&play options? The dash shape does not bother me, I can do some cutting - it's the sockets on the back what I am concerned with.

What about for instance Protege - do they use the same connectors?
    rusEfi - DIY ECU
    93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Cluster no, speedo itself yes... I'll try and dig up my old thread where I used a protege speedo in a festiva non-tach cluster. You have to either make a new face for it using the protege face as a template, or you can use the protege face on it, but will look tacky. Let me go search that thread.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
      Cluster no, speedo itself yes... I'll try and dig up my old thread where I used a protege speedo in a festiva non-tach cluster. You have to either make a new face for it using the protege face as a template, or you can use the protege face on it, but will look tacky. Let me go search that thread.
      Would really appreciate the thread! So you can open the cluster and swap some internal part?
      rusEfi - DIY ECU
      93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Damkid has a 323 cluster in his. Festiva Fred did it before he sold the car to him.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Well, this wasn't my thread, couldn't find mine, but here is one Festiva Tunner did:

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

Basically you just open the protege cluster, take out the whole speedo assembly and pop in in the festiva, then all you need is an overlay to match the original numbers on the protege one. And boom! You add 55MPH to your top speed!
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

So the internals are a direct bolt in? Gotcha. Will do this with my tach cluster and publish some pics of the internals. Thank you htchbck, this might have saved my life on Road America in August
            rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

You can use many cable speedos from mazdas. I used an MPV one for mine. Tried to sell it a while ago, but never got gone, so it's still collecting dust on my computer desk shelf.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                You can use many cable speedos from mazdas. I used an MPV one for mine. Tried to sell it a while ago, but never got gone, so it's still collecting dust on my computer desk shelf.
                I will check if 626 has higher max speed... Thanks! Can not buy yours - need one with tachometer.
                rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

I believe the MX6/626 were either 125 or 140. I think the later ones (93+) went to 150 but I'm pretty sure they were electric not cable driven.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Here is my old thread I finally found from where I built the custom tacho one. Its actually for sale if you're interested, just PM me an offer, I don't currently have it installed in any of my cars, all have stock tach clusters in them.

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Here is my old thread I finally found from where I built the custom tacho one. Its actually for sale if you're interested, just PM me an offer, I don't currently have it installed in any of my cars, all have stock tach clusters in them.

That's a clean & sweet custom job! Too clean for my purposes, I better do not even PM you with a low-ball price.
                      rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

I can send ya a protege 140 speedo if I can find it. I know I have a couple. Should be able to install it into a regular festy tach cluster.
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I can send ya a protege 140 speedo if I can find it. I know I have a couple. Should be able to install it into a regular festy tach cluster.
                          I would be happy to reimburse shipping costs, let me PM you my address
                          rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

Working...
                          X