Was in a wreck on Fathers day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was in a wreck on Fathers day

Anyone know how the computer stores info in a newer (@2010 model) Mitsubishi Lancer? The Sheriff is saying that his car may have stored info in his computer? It was a terrible wreck,my Aspire is totaled.Everyone was hurt And the kid driving & his girlfriend lied through their teeth.The kid sped past me,cut into my lane & brake checked me on wet highway @ 75 mph.My question is what info and how far back will his diagnostics record?
    He hit his brakes @ 85 mph,then lifted.I swerved to right lane.Over corrected & slid back into his front quarter panel. My left rear quarter panel hit his right front quarter panel.He's telling the cops I just came and swerved into him. His air bag didn't deploy(does that mean the diagnostic info wont be stored?
    Last edited by nitrofarm; 06-17-2012, 09:48 AM.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

only crash investigators have access to the stored data. Requires specialized software/hardware. And yes, it only captures data if there is an SRS (airbag deployment) event.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I hope so , but i really doubt that kinda info will be stored in any computer . You get lucky and pull abs read out and get a hard braking event but the timing would have to match to hold up in court .
      I hope the family gets better fast ,sorry to hear about this and the hard times .
      New build on the way .

Comment

Nitrofarm, I'm sorry to hear about your car. I'd check to see if any businesses in the local area have cameras facing the road that may have caught the event. The brake check may have put enough down on the road to make marks even if it was wet, so I'd push for that... These days, you have to have cameras in your car. That's all there is to it. GoPro, or something. One in the front, and one in the back at least. Had you had those, that little punk would have had his license taken away for reckless driving and an attempt to cause an accident!
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

on second thought, since there were injuries, there may have been enough energy transfer to trigger one of the accelerometers in the safing sensors. Call his insurance company, and yours, and request a data pull. Worst case scenario; no data is retrieved. However, you should already be planning to sue this person in civil court. The request by you for the data can help your case in court. Get a lawyer tomorrow.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

There was a crash Investigator.And they said they will "Warrant" his diagnostics if he refuse's the request. But his Air Bag def didnt deploy.I cant believe his didnt.His car was really smacked in the front badly.

Comment

There will codes thrown at least, especially abs, a wreck generates sensor inputs
              outside of normal, there may be codes in history and pending. Some will give you
              a window of data, not just codes.
              What an ^$$, jerks like him and the liars with him shouldn't even ride bicycles!
              Hope you and yours come out fine!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Airbag sensor could have been disabled or is non functional from previous incident.
                Accelerometers should still have been functional so may have recorded some of the event. Good luck
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Thanks guys much appreciated.Everyone is going to fine no life threating injurys. Just praying at least his top speed was recorded.He was doing 85 to 90. And what sucks is the cops seem like they are leaning towards his side.

Comment

Man that's my kind of luck, how did you get stuck with it? Couple years aGo a truck flew by me doing well over 100mph, slammed on the brakes and got back beside me and swerved right into my front right fender, then went off the road thru a ditch up and down a hill and finally stopped head first in the concrete divider in the middle of the road, still in front of me, had to swerve to miss him. Had there not been a witness I probably would have been accused of doi.g that cop trick thing on him where they spin a car around. Terrible situation man, the worst part is they may likely get away with whatever lie they tell unless there's a witness, more than your word vs his. Lawyers are overpaid babysitters, they just hold your hand and explain what your punishment is after court, like you didn't understand those words comming out of the judges mouth, it was everything else he said accusing you of something you may or may not have done and the lawyer was supposed to correct him on that.
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Too bad you didn't have a dash cam like this guy. He got burned in court once before and swore it wouldn't happen again.

Comment

Glad no one was seriously hurt! Good you are here to tell about it!

Hate to hear about this kinda stuff, though.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Went by the crash site today.Noticed that there are camera's on both side of the freeway (DOT).There is a pair @ 1 mile before.And then a pair @ 400ft after the site.It looks like the camera's at the end might have caught my car rolling down the highway without steering control. I dont think the camera's could have actually seen the accident.But maybe the first pair will show him in the RH lane which he is denying.Also my Insc adjuster came out & looked at my car.He told me the LANCER ECM records a "LOOP" @ every minute. I asked if the air bag had to deploy in order for this data to be stored.His answer was NO. So maybe they will see they also lied about our speed before & during the wreck.So that was some good news.I've been wanting to buy a GO-Pro for a while now.IT would have stopped all this finger pointing.I'm def gonna get one,especially since I drive 40-50k a year. Thanks again for all your kind words guys.It really helps lift one's spirit

Comment

That's all great news! I have a good feeling about this.
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

pretty soon cars will record front and rear, it may be a requirement to sell cars here,
                              like seat belts...which cam company has the best ties to congress? might be a good
                              investment..
                              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                              X