What's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth?

I came across a '91 Festiva L 5 speed (w/AC) on craigslist... Owner says engine is strong 146,xxx and transmission is fine. From the pictures it has rust/rot on the rear panels and it needs new tie-rod ends...... I have a '89 L carb 4 speed with 80,xxx miles that's my daily driver and was looking at this car to swap the 5 speed and take to A/C out of it and other stuffs I need (rear window latch, wiper fluid tank, interior panels, etc.)... I have him at $400 cash and he pulled it from craigslist for me... is it worth it? What would I get from scrap yard to get rid of the rest of the car that I don't need? Thanks!

Whaat jus run it! 400.for a strong running car is a deal,imo scrap in maine maybe 75
    ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

Here in Ontario they pay approx $200 per ton for scrap cars, so for me, I'd buy it, sell a few parts and hope to break even on it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Consider it as a build in itself if it's nice enough. Don't just take off a few parts, strip it of all that you may need in the future as well. Store as much as you can keep if you have the room! Then scrap what's left.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

So many people advising him to scrap a perfectly good festiva shell... D:

ANYTHING with ANY amount of rot and rust is salvageable. You just need to care.
          1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
          Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
          daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
          A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Pick it up!
            92 GL, 98k
            77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Thanks guys. Gonna pick it up next week. Can't wait for festiva #2... Hope to a/c and swap the 5 speed into my '89

Comment

Wish I could buy it. I wouldn't mind finding one with some rot on the fenders, I need an excuse to put flares on it.
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by johnsonjaco View Post
                  Thanks guys. Gonna pick it up next week. Can't wait for festiva #2... Hope to a/c and swap the 5 speed into my '89
                  So witch car is it, was it from Runnells or the car from south of Knoxville?
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Lohrville, IA

Comment

I bought my car for $400 with almost the same issues. My car had a few more issues but it sounds like this is almost the same predicament. Go for it dude, sounds like a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X