power steering pressure switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering pressure switch

I need help with connecting my power steering pressure switch to my electrical idle up switch. I have no ECU.

I unscrewed the electrical contact from the power steering pump to determine the principle of operation. There is a stiff spring holding down a tiny copper plunger with a small hole under it to allow the pressurized fluid to push it up to ground out the circuit.

OPERATION
    The switch provides an input to the ECM during periods of high pump load and low engine RPM; such as during parking maneuvers.

My question is how would I wire the electrical connection without an ECU? The circuit grounds on high pressure (probably greater than 400 psi). My Toyota idle up switch works when power is supplied, a solenoid opens to allow manifold vacuum through an adjustable proportioning valve to relay vacuum to pull on the throttle. This idle up is used for A/C as well. When I turn on the air, it energizes the circuit.

I need something that allows current to flow to my idle up switch when the power steering pump pressure switch grounds out.

No ECU?

Comment

I have a 81 twin carb setup which does not need an ECU. I discarded the ECU because I needed room to mount other devices.

Comment

That should be easy to wire a standard bosch relay to do that.
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Wire 12 volts to pin 85, ground from the switch to 86, 12 volts to pin 30 and then the idle up solenoid to 87.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Bro im gonna yank my power steering off my car cause its useless hit me up if you want the parts cheap later

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by runner406 View Post
              Bro im gonna yank my power steering off my car cause its useless hit me up if you want the parts cheap later

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
              If you mean rack, pump, pulley and mounting brackets..
              I know of three desirees out here, Post up to see if it can
              happen!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
              X