Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link5186
    replied
    X2 on the b6 swap, you can use your existing manifolds on the first Gen and look totally stock. Honestly an aspire brake/susp swap would be in order too. You really can't tell the difference unless you know the cars, and it really cuts down the body roll. Fms cams work with the b6 as well. As far as roll cages go, get ready to fab one. I always liked the old adage "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying."

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Oh yeah... WELCOME TO THE SITE!

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    ^^ if its like my dirt track you WILL have to cheat to compete I run a b6 with a weber carb conversion, in my hornet car, (dirt track) and i cant even touch them so called "stock" Saturn sc2 that are out there but the biggest problem for me is traction I think you would do better on asphalt.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    ERK. That isnt short for Erkle is it? :p lol Just jokin'

What mods, if any, are allowed?

A suggestion: Put up your location in your profile/avatar, so we know about where you are. There may be peeps close to you that can help, but we wont know, without that tidbit of info.
    Last edited by drddan; 06-22-2012, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    Yeh. If I can put a b6 in it and no one notices then I would like to do that. I'm not exactly wanting to cheat lol. But I don't know of one person that is runing totally stock up there. And I am really needing find a rollcage.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    If you want to get more out of the carb, you need to change to a Weber carb, like the Weber 32/36 a few have done here (myself included) and will increase the power on the B3 a little, and a cam is good. You might be able to locate an FMS cam, here or on ebay.
    FMS, stands for Festiva Motor Sports. There is a website, and can be found on ebay, too.
    Advance the timing to 10-12 BTDC, and use premium fuel., and some Octane booster. Be sure engine does not "detonate" when advancing the timing. With the premium fuel, you can open the gap on the spark plugs, from .044 to .048, which helps with a hotter spark from the plugs to burn the fuel.

Of course, you COULD put in a B6, since they look exactly like a B3, and no one would probably notice.

Of course the Weber is NOT stock, either
    Last edited by drddan; 06-22-2012, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    started a topic Circletiva ....all suggestions are welcome

Circletiva ....all suggestions are welcome

Hey guys. I have a 88 festiva. 4speed. I am making it into a circle track at to race at my local short track (asphalt). Everybody around here is doubting me because it's a festiva. I believe I should do pretty good with it. But I was jus gonna see if anyone had any suggestions to get more power?? ...but I have to stay to the 'rules'. I am supposed to be completely stock. The rules are on the website newkingsportspeedway.com (under pure 4 section of the rules). ...I was thinkn cam,header,bigger jets in the carb?? ...and if anybody knows where I can get a rollcage for my car then let me know. Thanks. ...if have any ?'s let me know. ...and my car has to weigh 21lbs per horsepower but if torque is greater then horsepower then has to weigh 28lbs per horsepower.
Working...
X