Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERK1990
    replied
    Aite thanks. I will do that also. I will post pics of all the progress of it. The last race this year is in August. So maybe I can get done in time for couple races.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    ^ yep direct swap

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    Can I jus take my struts and springs out and put aspire struts and springs back in?? Or I have change mounts or anything?

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Beef up the suspension on a Festiva, and you will be surprised at hard you can take a turns with these little beasts!

I still have the stock Festy suspension, except for adding Aspire struts and springs. Stiffened it up quite a bit, and I can 3 wheel it on hard turns. :nono:

:p

It always feels like it wont let go of the road.
    Last edited by drddan; 06-22-2012, 05:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Originally posted by ERK1990 View Post
    Oh. And ERK is for Eric. Lol.
    That was actually, my first thought.

Here is a link to my B6 swap. There are others here, but mine was easier to find.

I have a 1st gen B6, using the B3 intake to be able to use the carb, which is a Weber 32/36.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=43100
    Last edited by drddan; 06-22-2012, 05:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    Exactly. I'm hoping on doin pretty good in the class. Have a bunch of ford festiva.com stickers on it in the winners circle ....most of the cars are Hondas ,cavaliers,saturns, and neons. But I still think the tiva has quite a bit of PEP compared to them. And the 4speed in my festiva has a near perfect gear ratio for the track.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    The head on the SHO matches the SHO Block... It's all about a creative interpretation of the rules

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    The shoguns are stock. Lol. And I am allowed to run a rear wheel drive. Lol. But they say it has to be factory for that car. And the head has to match the block for what came on it. ....but I think I should be able to have a better HP to weight ratio. And if I can do a few things to get lil more power I should be able come out of the turns harder then everyone else. (hopefully)

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    Yeh I was wondering if they would do a displacement check or how they would even check I I am stock since everyone is running just any 4cylinder car. I'm gna try to get a header/cam and beef up my carb and possibly the aspire suspension. And if they are beating me then it's a B6!

Leave a comment:

• blkfordsedan
    replied
    Sounds like you'll have to be running the 28Lbs/hp route. That would equate to 1736Lbs minimum (if you go by the factory 62hp rating). You should be able to meet that weight fairly easily. Running a stock 82hp B6 should make you competitve and look stock, unless they pump your cylinders for a displacement check.
    Last edited by blkfordsedan; 06-22-2012, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    What is their intrpretation of "stock" a Shogun is "stock" from heaven or wherever they're made?

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    Oh. And ERK is for Eric. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    And yeh I figured the rollcage would be some own fabing. Jus hoping someone might have ha a kit that I didn't know about. I usually get mine through jrmotorsports but no luck so far.

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    Thanks. Yeh I am new I haven't done my location or nthn yet. As Lon as it looks stock to the track officials it's fine with me. I'm jus no wantn to do it then not be able run lol. I have hobby class and a late model car but it's getting lil too expensive to run them. So I'm try just run the 4cylinder class with the tiva. ...and I am in Kingsport,tn. I will fid out how put in my profile.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    I bet a B8 would look stock...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X