g series trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g series trans

does the b6d capri with a hydro trans have a g series in it? can i use the hydro lines and cylinders from it, is it plumed the same way? and can i use the bottom half of the speedo cable? -thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

nope its an f i have one for sale,
    I also have all the hydro stuff peddle assemble and all
    i believe you can use the speedo end
    not sure what you mean by is it plumed the same way ? do you have a hydro setup already ,, the capri has a small master cylinder for the slave and dose not use the brake master cylinder like some other setups
    hope this helps

Comment

I also have a NA capri trans...prolly gonna get scrapped.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

^ same here unless i make an hydro to cable adapter and use it my self

Comment

no my setup is with chris's adapter but i want to go hydro. i was setup for hydro just never bled it through and then i decided to use the adapter but now i want to go back to hydro. when i say plumbed i meen are the hydro lines routed the same way. when i took the hydro setup off my tiva i cut the lines like an idiot. i have the master and slave not sure if they are good because when i was trying to bleed the system they just didnt seem to hold pressure.

so you say i can use the bottom part of the speedo cable and sensor?
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Just went out and checked and yes the festiva speedo cable screws on to the Capri trans speedo gear. The Capri that my trans came from was a 91 not sure if they are all the same ,but this one is set up just like the festiva no vss .

Comment

sweet! thanks! now i just need to see about the plumbing of the hydro lines

Comment

The nonturbo Capri uses a hydro F-series. The festy speedo cable will bolt onto it. The speedo gear willl not work in a g-series.

I'd like to see if the Capri pedal assembly will fit in the Festy, it'd be super easy for anyone to go to hydro clutch then
                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

You would need a g speedo gear in a g, f in a f, and so on. Been there tried it. All the series have different length shafts for the gear.
                  Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                  93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                  91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                  93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                  15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                  88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

^do you know if the hydro lines are the same

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
                      You would need a g speedo gear in a g, f in a f, and so on. Been there tried it. All the series have different length shafts for the gear.
                      i have the gear just not the bottom part of the speedo cable

Comment

you can make it happen, don't lose faith.
                        89 lx (project bp)

88 b6t w/g25

Comment

Honestly, just buy some brake line from the parts store and bend your own. It's really simple. As far as I know all the cables attach the same way.
                          Last edited by gauge_half_inch; 06-27-2012, 10:14 PM.
                          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

got plenty of faith bro just not enough mechanical experience.

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
                              Honestly, just buy some brake line from the parts store and bend your own. It's really simple.
                              ^^seriously though!

ill post a thread on the hydraulic clutch stuff. a buddy of mine has it in his festy but he's an "anti-forum" old schooler. it'll just take a few days to run out and grab pictures
                              89 lx (project bp)

88 b6t w/g25

Comment

Working...
                              X