CV Boots and ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV Boots and ??

Im about to buy a festy that needs new cv boots, while im under there is there anything else i should check out that riding a bad cv boot damaged? also when i go to change it out, should i do both sides at the same time and is tehre anything else in that line that i might as well change too? festy parts on rockauto are dirt cheap..

You might want to put new seals into the gearbox where the inner ends of the drive shafts go -- just in case it's leaking now but you don't know it's leaking. They were readily available at Napa last time I did driveshaft replacement (with entire exchange units for about $60 each).
    88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

MY opinion if your doing boots and it needs them the damage is already done the dirt and grim is already imbedded in the joint . Its not worth my time and money to replace the boot . If its not clicking when you turn i would run them till they do . Complete axles are fifty bucks and good zipper or glue together boots run 28 bucks each and take a good hour to replace all four . If you remove the axle and install one piece boots then that just shows dedication i guess !!!!Again just my opinion . Not that the above said anything smart, but id replace axle seals as well .
      New build on the way .

Comment

Do them at the same time but not really. Only pull one inner out at a time to
        keep the transmission from falling apart inside. Get two of each seal and return the
        two you don't use.
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

awesome advice! thanks! unfortunately i got there about 10 minutes too late and someone beat me to the car and he sold it. it sucks but its understandable to not wait on anyone from craigslist.. ill get the next one!

Comment

Working...
          X