No announcement yet.

New to the forums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going only from what I've personally experienced, the best fuel economy is realized with the stock transmission and a B6 SOHC. I was averaging around 42mpgs over the course of several months without even trying... and thats up here in the mountains, not smooth flat straight roads. And thats a running average, not just a "single tank". For comparison, my B3s under normal driving get anywhere from low 30s (carby with an auto swap) to 40 (EFI with a 5 speed). I managed to squeeze 40 out of a stock trans with BP swap on a trip to Ohio and back, but that was only for 2 tanks out of a 1600 mile trip, most of the time it was 37-38.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Ugh, I forget what good gas mileage is in a festiva, but I also forget how slow a stock festiva is so that makes up for it :lol:

If I baby my festiva (which usually never happens) I can get maybe 30mpg out of it (max of 300kms/180ish miles per tank), and that was before the turbo setup, so I'm gunna hate to see how badly it'll eat gas now :lol:
      Last edited by Damkid; 07-03-2012, 07:19 AM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Eat gas? Your car will be the sole reason for the next fuel price hike!
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

:evil4::evil4:

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            I can get maybe 30mpg out of it (max of 300kms/180ish miles per tank),
            Uh, festiva tank holds 10 gallons, if you're only getting 180 miles then I don't think you're getting anywhere near 30. Maybe mid 20s if you're filling up with a couple gallons left.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

What's a gallon? :p stupid imperial system :lol: whenever I fill up, I can get about 30litres in the tank, so do the math and its 10 liters per 100kms...... I'm on my cell so I can't convert those numbers to MPG's though

Comment

so the Festiva I was looking at is at a tow yard. I don't know if I want to go through that or not. its high mileage and whatnot. I might offer them 5-600 and see what they say. Its in unknown condition. I have never bought from a tow yard before..
                Fast....Women are fast
                Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Can you check it out? You were already talking about mods. If you pay $600 for the car and $400 for a B6, you've got a thousand into it and you're not hurting in the speed department either. The one big killer, I'd say, is rust. If the rear beam mounts have nothing to hold onto but rust, buy it for a parts car at crush value. Also, check the subframe for cracking or rust. Those issues are easier to fix, but may still send you searching for a cleaner shell.
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

You know, if the whole Festiva thing doesn't work out for you, you could opt for the genetically superior 2nd gen Festiva known as the Aspire. According to the gvwr on the door stickers, it weighs less than 200 lbs more, and that can be fixed easily enough.

(In before festivites get mad)

This is a great forum, lots of good people, and these cars have an impecable reputation for reliability, like a first gen cummins, not enough moving parts for something to break, and when it does its usually a cheap easy fix. Just be careful with buying rusty shells!
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
                      so the Festiva I was looking at is at a tow yard. I don't know if I want to go through that or not. its high mileage and whatnot. I might offer them 5-600 and see what they say. Its in unknown condition. I have never bought from a tow yard before..

i paid 600 for my white one and had 216,000 miles on it then and drove it stock for a good while before the b6 swap and was still running strong when i sold the motor. dont let the high mileage scare you but def check everything out.
                      Last edited by bobbyspider; 07-03-2012, 03:45 PM.
                      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Working...
                      X