Question on an e-bay clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on an e-bay clutch

Has anyone here had any experience with these clutches?

Price is considerably lower than most and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that. It's about $100.00 cheaper than the Exedy.

Thanks
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Thats scary cheap...

I just noticed its free shipping to the US too.... so its a $32 clutch set?

I dunno
    Last edited by bhazard; 07-03-2012, 03:58 PM.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

a clutch is a very important part of your car, get a good quality one... think of how much work it it to swap in a new one... do you wanna do that twice? lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
        .. do you wanna do that twice? lol...
        I don't want to do it even once but my current one is starting to slip. Would the SPEC clutch (at the other end of the orice spectrum) be a good choice?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
        Last edited by fastivaca; 07-03-2012, 04:30 PM.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

I would get the best you can, since you are sending more power than stock through it. Taking into consideration you go on trips with most of the family, as well, you are putting the clutch through its paces as well.

-Scott
          Aqua 93 L
          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

If Exedy has a stock replacement kit that's probably the way to go. I had that kit in my B6T car and it was the best bang for the buck (Think I paid $75 shipped for it? Clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing)
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

good question because i may need one in the future

Comment

Decided not to "cheap out"on the clutch. What is the difference between the Spec stage 1 and 2 clutches? Would either be a good choice or should I stick with the Excedy kit?

Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  a clutch is a very important part of your car, get a good quality one... think of how much work it it to swap in a new one... do you wanna do that twice? lol...
                  x2 i went ahead and bought a ACT clutch for mine it was over 300 bucks but im going to need it to hold and take a beating
                  -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

i had the f1 with my b6t and kia trans with lsd worked awesome! i only got about 300 miles on it but it handled some hard launches with out a slip.

Comment

I got a stage 1 626 southbend clutch for my BP/g tranny, rated for 250tq, it came with an organic exedy disk. Looking at all the part numbers, the main part that they base tq ratings off of is the pressure plate, then the disk material and design.
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I'm only running with a B6 so there's not a lot of torque and/or power to be concerned about. I'm looking for a clutch that will handle the slighty modified B6 under, shall we say, spirited driving.

Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

I am also interested in a quality clutch replacement. Mine has been slipping pretty bad in first gear at times. I have a feeling it may not last the rest of the year.
                          I am hard on clutches with very spirited driving. I was considering a SPEC stage 1, but I am intrigued by this Exedy.
                          ~Austin
                          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                          X