No announcement yet.

Celebrating the USA Festiva style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only got to hear one song from each of the guys at Fourthstiva, before my crew had to leave, but they were good ones!

Glad things are going pretty much OK Charlie!
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I want in on the mafia!

Well, I blew an upper radiator hose yesterday coming back from a day trip to Kingman AZ. I had heard of many festivas in that part of the state and I wanted to see for myself. The rumour was true. I saw two festivas in about an hour! Pictures to come.
      After the counter man at O'Riley in flagstaff let me raid the house isles in the back, I found a hose that worked. Then I went to the fireworks display in Flagstaff. After a good night's sleep, I made it back to Phoenix this morning!

I'll update this with pictures and video when I get back settled in.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Spotted this Festiva at one of the Burger Kings in Kingman, AZ.

Also spotted a white Festiva heading west on I40, it was exiting the freeway at Ash Fork. And I spotted a blue Festiva heading east on I40, about 40 miles east of the Texas border in Oklahoma. That was on Tuesday July 3rd around noon. So I saw 3 festivas in total, and they were red white and blue ( not in that order, but still). Lol
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Did you at least leave a card?

Comment

I talked to the owner of that red 91 GL. Nice lady that works at BK. I wrote the website down for her, along with my name and screename. She said her husband would probably check it out because they love the car, but have trouble finding parts. She said she knows of 2 other Festivas in Kingman. I bet there are more! I know there is a member on here with a turbo b3 in Kingman, he had it up for sale awhile back. Even if I have to put 10,000 miles on my car, i.d like to meet all the festiva owners here in Arizona.

Comment

awesome read. glad to see someone enjoying things like this. wish it was me

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                Cool story! Would have been funny if I saw you on the side of the interstate :p Sounds like a fun trip, glad you and the festy got home safe and sound.
                Charlie, I half expected you to come around the corner! Lol. That would have been funny, two festivas, two Charlies, one small tank of fuel. Lol.

Thanks to all for the kind words! I will definitely remember this trip for a long time. I wish I was better at documenting and video on my trips. I see a lot of weird stuff, but I'm not quick enough with the camera. Lol
                When I was going across Texas, I was passed by and later passed back this giant smoker grill! It was the entire length of a semi trailer and was owned by the history channel. It was painted up all fancy and their was a truck behind it that matched, but it was towing an ice road truckers trailer. Pretty cool stuff.
                I also saw a baby blue VW rabbit pickup in TN. Those things are super rare these days. Saw a bunch of cool cars and trucks along the way, as well as some beautiful country. We do have a nice country to drive across, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  We do have a nice country to drive across, that's for sure.
                  For sure.

Comment

Awesome! Perhaps some new members!

Comment

Cool trip, sounds fun!
                      1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                      Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                      daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                      A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Working...
                      X