X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

Since no intro forum This ought to do.

My name is Dale...

I was invited here by Hot Wheels, I am helping him a bit with his head build.

I Tend to post mainly in engine fourms.

I have a solid grasp of engine machining and building.

The closest I have come to owning a Festiva, is thinking of getting one for a commuter for work.

Originally posted by BogusSVO View Post
    Since no intro forum This ought to do.

My name is Dale...

I was invited here by Hot Wheels, I am helping him a bit with his head build.

I Tend to post mainly in engine fourms.

I have a solid grasp of engine machining and building.

The closest I have come to owning a Festiva, is thinking of getting one for a commuter for work.
    Welcome!!
    :toothy7:
    "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Welcome, you will certainly find a bunch of people interested in engines
      here. Swaps, builds, both...!

The festiva is great for a commuter or country road!
      Some like them for mileage on the interstate, which
      isn't tops but it is if you consider the cost category.
      Metros and civics may attempt to play but I bang my head
      getting in one, once in the discomfort is so extreme I just
      know they would need the jaws of life to get me out!
      That is the real reason geos outnumber festivas in wrecking yards!
      Have fun here!
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Amen to the civic thing... My friend drives a '95 DX and when I drive it I can barely fit with the seat all the way back.

Good to see a new guy!
        1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
        Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
        daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
        A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Welcome again! If you get a festiva, the way it normally happens to a lot of us is that we'll start off with a stock one, then wish for a bit more power for those hilly areas, then you'll say "dam this is fun now, I wonder how much more fun it'll be if I add more power?"

Next thing you know, you'll be swapping in a KL and turbo'ing it!! Oh wait, that's just me haha

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Welcome aboard!! Its great to have another Florida member! We got quite a few good people on here, & not just fron FL. Even thou we are the best of the best.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Damkid sure is proud of that car, too! Welcome from Area Festy 1! You've made a good decision, either way. There are a lot of gurus for a lot of specific areas on this site, and it's good to see another one enter the scene. I'm sure you'll fit right in.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Well I am a bit old fashion, I love my RWD platforms, but do like my turbo 4 bangers.

So what fits the bill for me is my 1985 Ford Thunderbird Turbo coupe 5 speed.

Lots of room on the inside, knocks down about 23-25 mpg intown and a haor of 30Hwy,

Plus the hppd os long enough to park a Festiva on!!

Comment

Welcome to the site! You outta think about checking out a stock 5 spd festy or aspire and see what 40mpg is like! It's crazy when you spend 30$ on a tank of gas and drive all week vs filling up twice a week @ 40-60$ a pop.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

glade you made it! there are a couple guys on here with turbo 2.3s too! someone needs to stick one in a festi! hint hint

Comment

I hate to do this, but I don't want anyone to go through what I went through. Remember me Dale? I was svoman2300 on Turboford. Dale built me 2.3T for my Mustang SVO about 7 years ago. Not only did he go many months over the the promised delivery date, took 10 months, I had nothing but problems with the engine. After getting ignored by Dale, I went public with the info on a well know 2.3T site and others came out saying they had problems also with him. He was then banned from the site. I took my freshly rebuilt engine to another reputable machine shop and the only thing I was able to save were the pistons, rods and crank. The head was butchered beyond repair and the block was bored and honed with too large of clearances. I spent a couple thousand dollars with Dale and I feel like I flushed it down the toilet. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Read posts 7 and 8

Last edited by Eaglefreek; 07-05-2012, 02:47 PM.
                      Rick
                      1993 Ford Festiva
                      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                      2000 Ford E350

Comment

Eagle.. Yes I am The same BogusSVO.

Time I found out about the issues you had, I was banned. So I could not reply.

Would you like to see some flow numbers on 2.3 heads That had that same valve job done, that was called "butchered" and the increase in air flow found?

There was something about the rings being installed backwards... The wer not, they were "new at the time" gapless top rings, not 2nds, that were common at the time.

What happened with the block, IDK, I didnt tear it down and see.

You had my phone numbers, but you opted to go on the fourm.

I still have the same phone numbers now I had then, and the same email.

So I am not hard to geta hold of.

Comment

I did call and you wouldn't answer or return calls. I've gotten over it, but I don't want to see anyone else get ripped off. You seem like a nice guy but your actions prove otherwise.
                          Rick
                          1993 Ford Festiva
                          1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                          1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                          2000 Ford E350

Comment

Guys, let's keep this civil outside the arena.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Play nice, boys... it didn't happen here, so I don't want anymore talk of it, ok?

Eagle, you've said your piece. Leave it lie now, please

Bogus, we'll all consider this a fresh start. You haven't done anything to the rest of us, and Eagle has made his opinion clear.

With that said , welcome!!!
                              Last edited by FB71; 07-05-2012, 03:18 PM.
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X