B6 build and install in 1995 Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 build and install in 1995 Aspire

I did a complete rebuild of a 1989 Tracer B6 bore .020 over, new pistons rings etc. Had the rods resized and the blocked tanked and resurfaced. Ported and polished the head to include the combustion chamber, cc's same and put it together. I used the B3 intake system. injectors etc as well as the B3 exhaust manifold, cam and lifters (suggested to me by another festiva owner Roller cams spin up quicker and produce less valve train strain)

Runs great but I wasn't satisfied with the exhaust side of the engine so I had a friend build a custome header, sent it out to have it ceramic coated and installed it along with a free flowing 2 1/4 inch exhaust system with one short glass pack and a magniflow at the back end. (flicks of header can be posted if anyone is interested in what a tri-y looks like)

I have noticed that the B3 cam comes on at about 2500 rpm and goes strong until bout 5500 rpm.

Transmission is a stock 3 speed auto out of the Aspire. Need to get an adjustable modulator if they make such an item. ( any suggestions). I get a consistent 29-31 mpg right now. I run this car around 65-70 most of the time where the road permits.

Overall I do not see a need to go to a twin cam. With my setup I figure that I am producing about 105 hp as it runs today. Enfine looks bone stock)save for the header, to anyone looking under the hood.:p

cortezit

Got any pics, sounds great ?!
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Sounds like a fun car!! Do you have a video of the sound?
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

For the adjustable modulator for the trans, look at one for a 83-85 Thunderbird with a C3 auto trans.

I have no clue if it will fit your trans, but it may serve as a starting point.

Comment

Working...
        X